CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sta-Bil

The Krypt Keeper

Guy at work told me about this stuff that its suppose to help with the Ethanol put in gas theses days.

Said he uses it in everything he has that runs on gas from weedeater to generator if the gas has ethanol in it.

I was more curious not only because of the long term side effects of ethanol, but I am working on that Model A and not far from getting it running.

Anyone use it in anything? I do find it funny when looking for non ethanol fuels seems all marina's have it..

its suppose to help with the Ethanol put in gas theses days.

Said he uses it in everything he has that runs on gas from weedeater to generator if the gas has ethanol in it.

I was more curious not only because of the long term side effects of ethanol, but I am working on that Model A and not far from getting it running.

Anyone use it in anything? I do find it funny when looking for non ethanol fuels seems all marina's have it..

I've been using it heavily in all of my carburetor equipment for about the last 2 years.4 wheeler, dirt bikes, lawn mower, weed eater, etc. and occasionally I put it in my 79 ford truck.

I have found it helps the seals and hoses etc. tremendously... I was having to replace the fuel lines and primer balls about every 2 years, not anymore. The second thing that was really apparent was the easier starts and the quality of the running engine if the fuel has been in the equipment for even a month. A few of my engines seem to be very finicky about this, like the dirt bike and the Lawn mower, if I just ran straight gas and let it sit for a month, it would take at least 2 to three times the amount of pulls and kicks to get them started.

So basically, Yes I swear by it, and I use it in everything I have that has a chance to sit with the fuel in it, for over a month, and not get used. That means the Bird gets it added to each tank every time I fill up after September as well.

"Pour some Green in there... trust me, it helps."

So why do they even make the other red stuff?

The Green (marine) is concentrate, the Red is not.

Basically they are the same stuff, well supposedly it is according to their website (sta-bil), except for the concentration of each. But I only know what I've read....

and that was a while ago so....

I`ve had very ,very good results with Lucas " Fuel injector cleaner and top end lubricant " used as fuel stabilizer .

I`ve found "normal " Sta-bil essentially useless with Chicago`s reformulated E10 .

YMMV .