CBR1100XX.org Forum

temp range on a 97 bird

pdaddy21

Birds run hot. Fact of life like sunrising in west or ist it east.

sittting at aa lithgt. close to the H onece moving movese down between h and c. closer to h.

Unless I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, my 97 runs just off the first mark on the low temp side of the gauge. I have never seen it near the high mark...

+1

I have a 97, 00, and 01. The 97 almost never gets any higher than the lower mark, but the 00 is always near the upper mark.

normal running mine stays just above the lower line on the cool side but i noticed today that it got just a tad over halfway toward the hot side when i was at a redlight,but i was only at the light for a couple of minutes,was just wandering if it was normal and when should i start worrying about how high is too high

Unless I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, my 97 runs just off the first mark on the low temp side of the gauge. I have never seen it near the high mark...

+2 Carb Birds run cooler because they have a larger radiator.

+3

Noticed big difference on my 97 and 05.

+1

Same here. Was 90 in some places the other day, and it was clos to the bottom of the range in motion. Stopping @ a light, up to mid range, when the fans kicked in. Never higher than 1/2.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an '02 and she runs hot - typically around 112-115 before the fan kicks in. REALLY disconcerting the first couple of times I got caught in traffic on a hot day :icon_confused: