CBR1100XX.org Forum

-- SOLD -- 97 CBRXX "For Sale" in great condition

I’m selling my black 1997 CBR 1100XX. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike. The bike has never been dropped or downed, and the only abuse has been from me speeding occasionally :icon_evilgrin:

The history of the cycle; It was bought new in 1997 by a chiropractor who in the 5 years only managed to put 1844 miles on it. In 2002 he bought a Gold Wing to add to his collection of cycles and I was lucky enough to find the XX the day he was dropping it off at the local Honda store to sell on consignment for him. When I saw how perfect & new condition the cycle was, I went right to the bank picked it up that day.

Now with 42,310 miles on the "XX,"€it is still in great condition and has never let me down once. I have all the maintenance records and receipts, and the bike has ALWAYS been kept in the garage when not in use.

The only reason I'm selling is because 99% of my riding anymore is with the wife on the back with me and I would like to get something with a little less lean on my old arms… For shipping, I'm in Wisconsin.

Mods/Farkles:

Corbin Gunfighter seat, with Lady backrest for seat (new was $520.00)

Two Brothers dual carbon fiber shotgun exhaust (new was $1000.00)

VFR handles bar riser.

Improved/bigger Givi windshield

Honda Tech installed K&N jet kit when it was bought new.

New tires, chain, and front brake pads installed last summer at 39,600 miles.

And a few other odds & ends...

$3550.00 and it yours.

Looks good, and its the fastest color.

"The only reason I'm selling is because 99% of my riding anymore is with the wife on the back with me and I would like to get something with a little less lean on my old arms"

Yessir, old arms really suck. :icon_rolleyes: Is that the best you can do? How about, "momma just doesn't like that hard, skinny seat anymore". NBL Matt - another one bites the dust. :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good find JB4XX, I was wondering what the dealer was going to do with my old XX (dealer gave me $3500. on trade).

After seeing the pics the dealer put on there web-site it looks like they put a few coats of wax on the bike & looking to make $1,462. :icon_think: