CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any Wingers or mechanics - *need help* GL-1800 '05

Warp11XX

Looking for info on the audio wiring to headsets and/or pinout diagrams for the audio system on an '05 Gl-1800 Gold Wing. Problem is no audio makes it to the headset speakers only in any mode. On-board bike speakers work fine, all functions good on all on-board systems, headset checks good on other bikes, microphone in headset works for transmissions but have to monitor CB with on-board speakers. My theory is damage to a connector or single wire while doing the first service and removing the cowling over airbox. There's like four million wires under there...where do I start? :icon_rolleyes:

Though the left front packet. There is a plug connection to the dongle. I would start there. Does the headset work in the passenger plug

Neither headset speakers do anything but the mics will work dandy on CB transmit. Also no rider/passenger audio gets through the intercom either. I'm thinking it must be the common connection to the head unit as first trace. How many plugs are in between total?

Tom,

Someone is emailing me the detailed wiring diagram. I will send it to you when I get it.

Dave

That would be spectacular! Thanks ! John and I will both owe you beer... :icon_biggrin:

Cool ! Thanks. I downloaded the manual you pointed me too. I musta just misunderstood your reference...thought you meant that there was some kind of a supplemental detailed wiring diagram....

Now I just have to get him off the Wing long enough to get the cowl off again and have a looksee... :icon_biggrin:

Thanks again !