CBR1100XX.org Forum

I should have bought a 2000 blackbird when it was new.

I'd have it way paid off by now and would not have lost half of it's initial value.

I work with a guy that has the "Disposable Japanese Motorcycle" mentality. He's a sharp guy, but he doesn't get Hondas.

I should have bought one of these new also. What were they $30,000?

I Ride Red

It hasn't sold yet, but if they were to get their return. ....8 times initial value over less than twenty years....

There has to be a decent bit of investment there.

The flaw in that reasoning is the assumption of being willing to sell for the profit at some point. Only if my family is starving.... :icon_rolleyes:

I can't complain but sometimes I still do.

Silver X and red over black Hurricane are ours.

Camp ground a mile south of Copper Harbor MI.

IMG0001.jpg

X-cellent point BTW. I have it in my head that I'll own the X till I die. We'll see. Ya dont make a profit unless you sell.

post-1680-1299462784.jpg

Look at all those SuperSports...dayyum ! :icon_thumbsup: :icon_clap: '82 900F, '83 1100F, CBX, big-boy F model Hurricane...I wanna hang out wit y'all.... :icon_biggrin: How many are members over on Glenn's F board? CBX World much yourself? Is the yellow/goldish one '81 or '82?

I used to have an 88 cbr1000F in that same black and red color scheme. It was mint until some girl cager ran the light on me and took it out. Too bad. Still have a corbin seat for it that wasn't on it when it got wrecked. That was a great bike. Good thing I already had the XX when the F got taken out. At least I had something to ride to soften the loss.