CBR1100XX.org Forum

Old Mustang anyone?

Got a guy trying to trade me a 1964.5 Mustang coupe. Kinda hot rodded - and not really a show car or anything. Breathed on 289 that sounds nice, fair paint and interior. Some rust problems in the usual Mustang spots - battery box, floor pans, like that. Looks nice from 10 feet.

$4,000 would probably get it from me.

EDIT: Remember I'm a dealer so tax/title may apply to that $4k

post-1712-1299263104.jpg

post-1712-1299268624.jpg

post-1712-1299268636.jpg

WILLSXX was thinking about one a few years back, when he helped me score my 71 Firebird from California.

If I had the money freed up, I would be all over that, regardless of where it is. I like the notch's much more than the fastbacks. I've got too many projects as it is, but that is uber-tempting.

Clarify...

Guy trying to trade you? You selling it for him or is it yours? Trade you for what?

What does $4000 to "get it from you" mean? You're selling it through the dealer?

If you have more info...please share. Does it run well? Miles on the motor?

Miles on the ODO? Any problems?

Nice car.

Clarify...

Guy trying to trade you? You selling it for him or is it yours? Trade you for what?

What does $4000 to "get it from you" mean? You're selling it through the dealer?

If you have more info...please share. Does it run well? Miles on the motor?

Miles on the ODO? Any problems?

Nice car.

Yeah, he's trading me against a used cruiser I have here in the shop. Motor runs well, kinda rumbly sounding. I dont recall the miles, he's on his way back to do the deal so I'll post up when it's here. It will be traded and sold through the dealership. It's not really something we'd sell here, so I'd jst as soon sell it to one of you monkey's for what I'm in it as sell it to a wholesaler for the same.

Ok - title says 1965, not sure if they actually said 1964.5 or not. VIN comes back clean and matches title.

Engine is a 289 bored .030 over. Keith Black pistons, HP rods. Big Holley on top. Automatic trans with B+W shifter. No power steering or brakes. 71k on the odometer, no real idea if thats original or not. Interior fair, gas gauge doesnt work. Dash has a cheap vinyl job on it. Again from 10 feet it looks good. Rust in the battery box area, floor pans underneath, some bondo in the rear fenders. Drives, shifts, stops good. Typical low rent street car, a long way from a show car or serious race car, but kinda neat no the less.