CBR1100XX.org Forum

Non Honda brake question

111lbRC51Rider

Got a set of used SS lines from the WERA board for the track bike. On the 6rr, there is one line running from the MC to the right caliper, where it meets a double banjo bolt then a short line over to the left caliper. My question: both the SS lines I got are long and were pictured running from the MC down to the calipers separately.....so.....I'm assuming I'll be ok running the double banjo (that came with the lines, BTW) right off the MC then on down to the calipers from there....right?

I could always ask the dood I bought them from, but I'm already an ass around here, so my fear off looking like an assy-newb is much reduced. :icon_twisted:

Got a set of used SS lines from the WERA board for the track bike. On the 6rr, there is one line running from the MC to the right caliper, where it meets a double banjo bolt then a short line over to the left caliper. My question: both the SS lines I got are long and were pictured running from the MC down to the calipers separately.....so.....I'm assuming I'll be ok running the double banjo (that came with the lines, BTW) right off the MC then on down to the calipers from there....right?

I could always ask the dood I bought them from, but I'm already an ass around here, so my fear off looking like an assy-newb is much reduced. :icon_twisted:

Yep, you got it right. I'd suggest dry fitting them first and making sure you've got all the right banjo fittings where they're supposed to be.

You said they're used, you do have new washers, right?

Yep, you got it right. I'd suggest dry fitting them first and making sure you've got all the right banjo fittings where they're supposed to be.

You said they're used, you do have new washers, right?

Regarding washers, and being quite frugal, I have never had a problem with old ones. Take some fine grit paper like 240 or so, clean up both sides to a uniform dullness and reuse. I have seen a new washer weep due to a small imperfection, sanding an old one shows you the condition of the sealing surface.

Two separate lines is the way to go, bleeding is more straightforward. Make sure your lines are not pinched or pulled in any way as the forks steer and go thru their full range of motion.