CBR1100XX.org Forum

interesting

cbrxxquad

never seen this before, any body ever?

360 degree spark ignition: Brisk Premium Spark Plugs have a 360 degree spark perimeter, unlike conventional spark plugs that confine the spark to one restricted space. Since the fuel/air mixture around the spark plug is constantly changing, this results in a faster and better ignition.

Looks like a surface gap plug. Airplane engines use something like that, and I think many two strokes. Supposedly more reliable, no ground electrode to fall off for aircraft use.

I will say that the photo in the ad is bunk, just like the splitfire nonsense. A spark will form in only one location per ignition pulse, the photo is showing multiple discharges, or they just hooked it up to a neon transformer which would do a similar thing because of the 60 Cycles.

Just remember, if it makes power then EVERY racer will be using it. Are they all???

"better " spark plug = snake oil .

The job of the spark plug is to start combustion , after that it is just chain reaction .

BTW ,those look like my RX7 NGK plugs .

I will say that the photo in the ad is bunk, just like the splitfire nonsense. A spark will form in only one location per ignition pulse, the photo is showing multiple discharges, or they just hooked it up to a neon transformer which would do a similar thing because of the 60 Cycles.

Just remember, if it makes power then EVERY racer will be using it. Are they all???

+1

Funny thing..... is how the electricity Jumps off of the center electrode. Once you know how that works the best, all of the sudden, all of the Marketing bullshit becomes apparent. In order for the current to make that jump, one of the things it has to do is Break the Surface tension, and in order to due that a nice sharp edge or point works the best. Hence why IR plugs are pointed... yada yada yada...

I don't have the time to explain it all, and I'm probably going to get slapped for not using the exact and correct terminology, but... my point was... just take the time to learn how the spark jumps from one electrode to another, for your self, and then you know why IR plugs are probably all you'll ever need.

+1

Funny thing..... is how the electricity Jumps off of the center electrode. Once you know how that works the best, all of the sudden, all of the Marketing bullshit becomes apparent. In order for the current to make that jump, one of the things it has to do is Break the Surface tension, and in order to due that a nice sharp edge or point works the best. Hence why IR plugs are pointed... yada yada yada...

I don't have the time to explain it all, and I'm probably going to get slapped for not using the exact and correct terminology, but... my point was... just take the time to learn how the spark jumps from one electrode to another, for your self, and then you know why IR plugs are probably all you'll ever need.

It all sums up to "the path of least resistance".

never seen this before, any body ever?

360 degree spark ignition: Brisk Premium Spark Plugs have a 360 degree spark perimeter, unlike conventional spark plugs that confine the spark to one restricted space. Since the fuel/air mixture around the spark plug is constantly changing, this results in a faster and better ignition.

Yup, czech junk.

Disclaimer: We make igniter plugs for turbine engines. We used to make spark plugs for recip aircraft engines.

+1 to others' comments. There is nothing unique about this plug.