CBR1100XX.org Forum

Someone with knowledge lend a hand....

DaveK

How much you "need" any of that depends on your goals and your overall diet.

That said, your guy hopefully knows way more about it that I do. Listen to him, and ask lots of questions if you don't understand why he recommends certain things. Your goal should be understanding the process, not just following instructions.

Need is a relative term.

It WILL help.

EAS whey has BCAA in it.

Add some L-arg if you really want to though not really needed.

Take good fish oil.

Not sure what the other is.

I also highly recommend taking ZMA before bed. It will help you sleep. Take some advil too cuz the DOMS is coming for you.

Need is a relative term.

It WILL help.

EAS whey has BCAA in it.

Add some L-arg if you really want to though not really needed.

Take good fish oil.

Not sure what the other is.

I also highly recommend taking ZMA before bed. It will help you sleep. Take some advil too cuz the DOMS is coming for you.

You aren't kidding. I almost called out sick today....for 2 reasons. I got absolutely NO sleep last night. Not a wink. I was in bed at 7:45 but because of the pain, aches, and needing to move every 30 seconds I didn't sleep at all.

It was hard for me to hold the darn steering wheel on the commute in. I go to scratch my friggen ear and I can't reach up...I have to sort of reach out and up. Pathetic.

I really do think he pushed me too hard....I also think put too much weight on.

I'd rather be able to lift the full sets instead of pushing up 6 and him having to help me on the last.

But, I am a sponge and know nothing.

ALSO...bought that book you recommended.

I am in PAIN....but headed to the elliptical for 90 minutes today.

Went to BJ's during lunch and bought to 5lb bags of EAS Whey. 1 van 1 choc.

Amazoned this today:

Delivery estimate: February 4, 2011 - February 9, 2011

Shipping estimate for these items: February 1, 2011 - February 2, 2011

1 "MET-Rx - Tonalin CLA 1000mg - 90"

Health and Beauty; $12.47

Sold by: Total Health Discount Vitamins

1 "MET-Rx - Hardcore LGlutamine Powder - 300g"

Health and Beauty; $13.49

Delivery estimate: February 4, 2011 - February 9, 2011

1 "Schiff MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil 300 mg-90 Softgels"

Health and Beauty; $17.63

Delivery estimate: February 7, 2011 - February 23, 2011

1 "Hardcore BCAA 2200 180 sgels"

Health and Beauty; $10.99

Heh heh heh.

I hate to say it this way but it's supposed to hurt like that, sorta. Too frequently, I have life get in the way and I will spend a month out of the gym. When I get back I hit it hard and feel like you do. For me, by the third day, most of the lactic acid has gone and I feel a little sore and a lot of tight, and a little bigger. I remember days when I couldn't walk or stretch out my limbs. Sitting on the toilet and taking a crap was so painful I considered just doing it in my shorts.

It may feel like he put too much weight on, I would suggest he's trying to find your limits and work on extending them. I'm guessing you have probably never worked out like this and it's new to you. Stick with it and trust your trainer. I would assume his primary goal is to teach you the machines and get a start on muscle growth. Don't worry, you won't look like Arnold for years to come even if you tried your best.

Supplements have never been my thing. Other than arginine, ornithine and carnitine (repair, build muscle and energy conversion) I take a little yohimbe for a burst of git-er-done before a workout. Some people believe in them, some people believe in diet. Some speculate that most supplements are hard on the liver and I have problems there already so I don't want to do anything to aggravate it further. I figure amino acids are already in the body and I only take them sporadically at best so they probably aren't doing much for me either.

link for supplement info... Other links on the right side of the page.

http://www.vitaminstuff.com/amino-acid-ornithine.html

Just a little more encouragement... if you keep at it you will never hurt this way again. You can push harder than you did last time and you won't come close to hurting like the first time. Don't let the pain make you give up.

Just a little more encouragement... if you keep at it you will never hurt this way again. You can push harder than you did last time and you won't come close to hurting like the first time. Don't let the pain make you give up.

Absolutely. This is also a good reason to keep at it regularly. If you stop for a month, then start lifting again, yer fucked.

I really do think he pushed me too hard....I also think put too much weight on.

I'd rather be able to lift the full sets instead of pushing up 6 and him having to help me on the last.

I just saw this, and had to comment on it.

I agree. First, you need to learn proper form. There is nothing wrong with starting with a weight you can handle easily. You can always add more weight. You can't learn proper form if you are struggling with the weight.

Tell him your concerns at your next session with him. If he argues about it, then he is obviously not the right trainer for you.

Headed to see the personal trainer tonight from 8 to 10. I am literally going to hand over Richard Craniums workout and ask him to follow it. I like the plan and how it really mixes it up evenly.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Headed to see the personal trainer tonight from 8 to 10. I am literally going to hand over Richard Craniums workout and ask him to follow it. I like the plan and how it really mixes it up evenly.

I'll let you know how it goes.

What did he think? I'm guessing he said its the shittiest workout he has ever seen or we would have heard something already.