CBR1100XX.org Forum

forks

auzzi152

Hey guys just got my first blackbird and it has a wrecked front end. I found some used forks and need the fork seals replaced before i install them. I was wondering if i could get advice on oil weight and level.

Also does anyone have any comments for or against the 8000K BLUE HID HEADLIGHT KIT H4?

Online vendors copy erroneous material from other sources. Stick with people that know what they are doing and really understand their product, not just resell boxes.

The XX takes H7 bulbs.

8000 is way too high for road use. 4300 to 5000 will give you the most natural light. Higher than that may look brighter, but its really not.

Now somebody smart can chime in and tell you about forks. It would be helpful to know how much weight the bike will carry.

I just recently changed my oil in the forks. I was using a 5wt oil. Per all of the disussions. Well I wanted to experimen some. The only thing differnt to mine are the springs. Other than that, bone stock. ANyways. I wentt back to the stock 10wt. However, I raised the fork oil approximatly another 1/2 to3/4in from the book setting. Therefore reducing the air gap. The front end feel is awesome. I can feel everything that is going on with the front end. Didn't quite have that before with the 5wt and book oil height. Just have to experiment and see what works for you.