CBR1100XX.org Forum

Willing to look foolish by asking

cecome

well it is not what I know hid's to be, and I think they are xenon not hid. May be mis-labled, or dishonest, as higher intensity discharging for HID.

But, not a correct photo anyway.

well it is not what I know hid's to be, and I think they are xenon not hid. May be mis-labled, or dishonest, as higher intensity discharging for HID.

But, not a correct photo anyway.

Thanks, I'll see what folks say about direct replacements...maybe I'll get a hot tip.

Agreed with all above. The seller is a lying sack of shit intentionally misrepresenting the product. He can't claim ignorance, as he's already proclaimed himself the HID Expert.

The bulbs he's selling are not gas discharge bulbs, but merely incandescent bulbs with Xenon gas. If it has a filament, its not an HID bulb.

I'm running the 55w low beam kit from DDM and it is absolutely fantastic. The combination of the outstanding headlight reflector on the 'bird coupled with the 55w HID lamp lights up the world in front of me better than anything else I have ever ridden. The install is not tough at all, maybe 1 to 2 hours. Many of us have also installed a simple delay timer to prevent the balast having to ignite the lamp twice every time you start up.

If you don't want to go HID, get an H7 SilverStar Ultra, they are not nearly as bright as the HIDs, but they are a heck of a lot better than OEM. I'm running one of these in my high beam beacuse I chose not to run HID there due to the delay in getting to full brightness. The combination works well.

Ebay link

130016.jpg

I tryed running them blue bulbs and they got so hot it melted the adapter plug. Had to run home with the highbeam on thru the city since of course it burned out at night. I still run one for the highbeam since I dont run with that on that much and they do seam to give a better view at night but for the headache Im thinking its about time to look into a hid kit like all the rest of the guys on here

I tryed running them blue bulbs and they got so hot it melted the adapter plug. Had to run home with the highbeam on thru the city since of course it burned out at night. I still run one for the highbeam since I dont run with that on that much and they do seam to give a better view at night but for the headache Im thinking its about time to look into a hid kit like all the rest of the guys on here

HID on low beam unbelievable, HID on High beam you can see two states away.

I very rarely use high beam with the HID on low beam, but out in the country wheres there's no other light sources the High beam HID is fantastic.

Don't have any issues with waiting for it to warm up as the low beam stays on anyway, takes but a minute for it to warm up.

2 cents

+ 2 to that. I have DDM kits in the bike and the Expedition. Great, great units.

RE: Teh silverstars. Had them in my other car, but they burnt out in < 1 yr.

i need the entire headlamp assembly for my 97 any suggestions for type and a reliable us source would be appreciated...

Here's one for you. The price is a lot better than OEM. Have not bought from this guy, but if you are on a budget, your choices are these, or used. Used ones are pretty rare, they are often the first thing to go in a shunt.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Headlight-Head-light...=item483df9a323

I'm running the 55w low beam kit from DDM and it is absolutely fantastic. The combination of the outstanding headlight reflector on the 'bird coupled with the 55w HID lamp lights up the world in front of me better than anything else I have ever ridden. The install is not tough at all, maybe 1 to 2 hours. Many of us have also installed a simple delay timer to prevent the balast having to ignite the lamp twice every time you start up.

If you don't want to go HID, get an H7 SilverStar Ultra, they are not nearly as bright as the HIDs, but they are a heck of a lot better than OEM. I'm running one of these in my high beam beacuse I chose not to run HID there due to the delay in getting to full brightness. The combination works well.

Ebay link

130016.jpg

+1 on the DDM and the silverstars

Are you running their kit? If so how long and involved was the install? Please let me know. I agree for the dough this is quite a bargain.

I don't have mine yet, won't be installed until next spring. I went with the 35W slim ones, went 35W to save some power for other things.

Lots of guys here have DDM's kits and that's one of the big reasons I ordered from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you running their kit? If so how long and involved was the install? Please let me know. I agree for the dough this is quite a bargain.

http://www.microdatabase.com/Blackbird.html

Scroll down to see some install shots. Easy install, no mods to the harness required. It uses the existing H/L plugs to power the HID system.