CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mirror extender blocks

Nice pic Justin, thanks

I am a skinny little dude so have no use for the extenders on my Blackbird.

The Euro style is made out of delrin which as hank said seems to turn chaulky gray over time in the direct sunlight (UV)

I am having some made out of Black UHMW-PE or Ulta High Molecular Weight Poly Ethylene which I hope will not turn gray, at least not for a few years.

I could probably get more made out of Aluminum again as before but aluminum has gone through the roof and much more expensive to fabricate than plastic plus then it has to be powder coated.

I originally sold them in a choice of either Mat or Gloss Black. The Mat color matched the rubber boot well and the gloss matched the 2003 Fairing paint.

To hard to please everyone with the numbers so will only offer the mat finish to match the boot on all color Birds.

Delrin has to be UV-stabilized to be left in the sun. Not only does it turn gray, it gets brittle and will fall apart over time.

UHMW is pretty UV-stable. If you can do HDPE (King Starboard), well, that can be in the sun until eternity without any effect.

I want a set of these for my K1200LT. But it's a complex mirror mount. I think you'd have to get your hands on a mirror or a K1200LT itself to measure it out.