CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mirror extender blocks

Move the mirrors out 1" for a better view. Solid aluminum with a cutout for the wires. Includes extended bolts.

xx.jpg

$25 shipped.

I will take them Carlos, and use them as template to make more

Those are obviously the originals that Bill created

Paypal accepted ?

Put me on the list for the first run of the repros...

Move the mirrors out 1" for a better view. Solid aluminum with a cutout for the wires. Includes extended bolts.

xx.jpg

$25 shipped.

I will take them Carlos, and use them as template to make more

Those are obviously the originals that Bill created

Paypal accepted ?

Put me on the list for the first run of the repros...

I will take a set to when these get going.

• 2 weeks later...
John -- I'd suggest making a run of 20 or more out of the gate. You haven't even tried to sell them and you've sold 10+ already!!

I have sold over 200 sets of the aluminum ones that Bill, zentine, invented and manufactured. But that was a few years ago. Since then the Europeans started duplicating them out of black delrin that worked out very well.

I have an order in locally to have 25 pairs made in black UHMW-PE, Ultra High Molecular Weight - Poly Ethelene. Very durable stuff and matches the rubber boot very well so will look good on all color BlackBirds.

Same company is making these for me that also makes my aluminum Shrooms and aluminum Frame Plugs and is the same company that fired me from employment after 16 years !!! The owner is a coward and a sorry excuse for a man but the machine shop, with their CnC machines do some impressive work and I still get decent pricing since the shop forman is a good friend.

Let me know if you are going to make some longer ones I would be interested then. I would also would be willing to pay extra for them to be powder coated black like my originals.

Let me know if you are going to make some longer ones I would be interested then. I would also would be willing to pay extra for them to be powder coated black like my originals.

I am using these original aluminum ones as a stencil but will be making them out of a Black UHMW which is a very hard and durable form of plastic.

They will match the color of the Rubber boot on all Blackbirds. No powder coating available or needed.

John, I got a set of the delrin mirror extenders from Jaws through you a couple years ago and they have turned gray.

I've tried buffing them which doesn't do much and then tried painting them, which doesn't stick.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, Hank

I've thought the mirrors on the BB are some of the best I've used. But I imagine on extra inch would be nice.

Anyone have any pics of what they look like installed?

I am up for a set of these in the black material but would want to see a picture as well of what they look like post-installation. I assume they do not interfere with folding the mirrors for bike storage etc.

John, I got a set of the delrin mirror extenders from Jaws through you a couple years ago and they have turned gray.

I've tried buffing them which doesn't do much and then tried painting them, which doesn't stick.

Do you have ant suggestions?

Thanks, Hank

get a gray bike. :icon_whistle:

• Upvote 1

Do you have ant suggestions?

Thanks, Hank

get a gray bike. :icon_whistle:

Come on Mac...it's a Blackbird...LOL