CBR1100XX.org Forum

clutch surging

jimyz250

put new clutch plates in... now biek rips, pulls hard blah blah blha, only problem is.. when stopped, in gear, with clutch pulled in, bike sits as it should not pulling or shaking or anything just right, but, if I rev it up she will creep forward, actually she will surge forward, when I put the new plates in (ebc) I checked all the metal plates for warpage and they were all good ( I didnt have this problem before the new plates) and the only thing I can think of, and I dont know what effect it would have is the wire clip that goes on after the first plate wasnt new... .. anyway, does anyone have any suggestions?

As long as everything is put together right,and that "piano" wire is in good shape, your EBC plates might be the reason.

O.E.M plates are superior to aftermarked ones these days.

bastards! I kinda figured about the same...I was hoping for an easy out.. I got the ebc's from a buddy who works at a motorcycle parts ware house and got em for cost (20 bucks) couldnt pass em up, guess I wil have to live or buy factory.. thanks

Jim :cry:

ok.. do i need the piano spring in it? I have done a butt load of clutchs in the past and never have i seen this "piano wire" clip in one before... can I go back in and leave it out? I cant see a problem.. but ya never know them there Japs do some wierd shit with there engineering..