CBR1100XX.org Forum

repainting mirror

SLyFoXX

I have a few rubs and or scratches on my left mirror, what type of prep work would I need to do to repaint the mirror? I assume I can get matching silver paint through honda dealer.

Steve just order a new one from www.ronayer.com there only $20-$30 bucks. Cheaper than having it color matched at a aint shop and nicer finish. I broke one housing a couple of years ago while trying to mount my radar and picked one up from them. I was shocked at how inexpensive it was.

:) Thank you Carlos! I might use your offer when i finally decide to 'revamp' the bike (repair smaller scratches, dubble bubble, seat recushioning ) or maybe i'll just order them and store them until the big day.

Maybe you want to private messagge me with how you want it to be done or should i e-mail you?

BTW, are they Honda OEM, or third party? If so, any negatives?

Thanks again!

I'll post it here for the benefit of other people outside the US that might be reading. Most companies will allow you to order it and ship it to a US address. I just re-label it and send it to you. You can look up the costs at www.usps.gov. I ship packages 3 days a week, and international is no big deal. You can cover the shipping costs via Paypal.

If the company won't do that, just Paypal it to me, I'll order it, and re-ship it. I do this with a variety of things that people can't get in other countries.

Steve just order a new one from www.ronayer.com there only $20-$30 bucks. Cheaper than having it color matched at a aint shop and nicer finish. I broke one housing a couple of years ago while trying to mount my radar and picked one up from them. I was shocked at how inexpensive it was.

Just for archive purposes, the link is actually: www.ronayers.com