CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best Place To Get Fuel Pressure Regulator ?

Crazy Dave

Fuel Pressure Regulator:

Getting a higher pressure FPR seems to be an all around improvement. The bike runs smoother and seems to have more power. If you have an 99-00 model I understand you can just get a $50 stock FPR from the 01-03 years. Someone did a write up.

I have an 03 so I went and got a $130 one which I understand is a modified stock unit. Turbo City will “tune” one if you have a full system. The money was well spent is way less than a PCIII.

My CT Honda dealer did an "dealer inventory search" and found one single OEM FPR in stock at a dealer in Lexington, Kentucky. That's where I ordered it from. $41 + $13 two-day air. Installed it last weekend and my 2000 runs...... LITERALLY...... like new.

Ask your dealer to do the same thing. If no other dealer has one, I was told that they will have to order one from a Honda distributor, who will send it to the dealer, and then to you. It appears that the distributor won't ship directly to you.

A failing FPR can dump raw gas into your crankcase. You are warned.

Supe

ElliXXer hooked me up with a used one and it took care of the problem.

The regulator started going out on my way home the other night and I parked the bike and got on the forum.

It is just about due for an oil change so that will be done tonight.

Oil still has the 'normal' used oil smell.

Thanks to everybody.

Installed a Turbo City "58" FPR the other day and just back from the first shakedown run. Wow! What a difference! The bike runs like a scalded dog, idles and runs smooth at steady throttle, and the FI seems a lot less abrupt.

My bike is stock except for a Hindle 4-1. No other mods of any type. Well...it does have chrome rims which add at least 5/5 hp/torque to the midrange.

Randy, glad to hear you see a difference. When I spoke with Turbocity the owner was so proud of his FPR he said it would replace a Power Commander. However, I didn't see the improvements you did. Now I really can't use any Power Commander maps and may need a custom map. I have a Two Brother's header, into a single Mig high mount with a Turbo City FPR, try finding a map for that!

Randy, glad to hear you see a difference. When I spoke with Turbocity the owner was so proud of his FPR he said it would replace a Power Commander. However, I didn't see the improvements you did. Now I really can't use any Power Commander maps and may need a custom map. I have a Two Brother's header, into a single Mig high mount with a Turbo City FPR, try finding a map for that!

The problem with some of these things is perception of gain. When performance degrades over time, it's difficult to remember how the bike used to run. I do think it's an improvement, though....not a huge improvement, but noticeable.

Keep in mind that I have a silver bike. It's already quite a bit faster than the other colors. That might have something to do with it.