CBR1100XX.org Forum

headlight Issue

SLyFoXX

Bike is an 02, the headlight is not coming on high beams either.

I have tried a new bulb and checked fuse.

The only other bit of info is when trun the key on and the bike cycle through the high beam indicater comes on during cycle and goes off like normal, but when running and I turm high beam on with switch the indicater light does noty come or the head light.

Any ideas on where to look?

Are you running stock bulbs?

I've been running some Xenon 100w bulbs (55w stock) & they create just enough heat to slightly warp that plastic terminal cup between each bulb & it's harness connector. This has also caused things to corrode a bit more quickly. I have to clean them up every few years or so.

If all the above looks good, check the head-light relay. Or is that the starter relay that turns the head-light off when you hit the starter button?

I'd bet on the start button. It turns the headlight off when you press it in. If the contacts get corroded the light won't come on.

So that's how they make that work. :icon_think:

It was the starter switch assemble, really did not look that bad but cleaned it up and it worked!

One thing I did notice prior and as I was cleaning the starter switch is that the started did stick a little before I disassemble and cleaned it up. Now if I notice it sticking a bit again I will clean it prior to the headlight not working.

• 1 year later...