CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best Parts Sources

dsanders

It's been a while since I had to find parts for a bike. I have forgetton all the parts sources I have had before. I need to change out my front brake pads and replace the spark plugs. Called the stealer and they wanted approx $100 for the pads and $45 for the plugs. For those of you with deep pockets you probably think I am cheap....well you are right :)

Anyways the question is where do you find the best prices and service on the web for your parts needs?

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

I do what I can,being Canadian has its disadvantages in the parts world $ wise,but not always.

Always happy to help out other XX owners.

Al

23 years Honda (and most others) parts experience.

Parts Mgr. Forest Cit Honda,London Ont

What the hell pads were those ?

Servicehonda.com has done OK for me. Everything is discounted from list to some extent. There was another dealer in TX that I really liked, but they went under. Anyway, the front pad set is $37.68, list is $45.83. Shipping is at least $9.

You could always hit eBay, EBC pads for $35 shipped from Arizona: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-FRONT-B...sQ5fAccessories

My new favourite place is Mike's Cycle. Prices are comparable to the other discount parts dealers, but shipping to Canada is much, much cheaper. Cush drive rubbers were $35.39 (list price $48.02) and shipping was just six bucks.

My local guy has always cut me a deal. Every purchase I have ever made from him has been at a discount and I have never been able to find a better deal online anywhere. Just a local shop owner who believes in the power of a fast nickel.