CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 XX (local craigslist, not mine)

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1827308617.html

"Here's the story. This XX belonged to a friend who used it extensively to travel the USA on business; so, it has lots of miles (79k). Two years ago, while riding thru Indianapolis, he ran it off the interstate, injuring himself and scraping up the right side of the bike. The rider recovered and is covering the same territory on a Triumph. Luckily, the Givi top and right side case took the brunt of the impact, sparing the frame, cans, etc. The Givis have been sold.

Some issues remain:

* The peg on the right Gilles rearset broke and I had it welded professionally. I'm 220lbs and have had all my weight on the peg w/o fail.

* The windscreen has scratches.

* I have not replaced the side fairing decals

The bike runs flawlessly. I replaced some of damaged body panels with spares from riders on this site; some damage was repaired at the body shop where the bike was professionally painted. See the pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/john.ranalletta/Blackbird#

Take a look at the pix below and the movie and if you're interested, ring me up. Disregard the bailing twine in the movie. It was my first try with the Hero GoPro and it was insurance in case the camera suction cup failed.

Caution: This motorcycle is not for the uninitiated. The fastest production bike prior to the intro of the Suzuki Hayabusa, it has big power and must be managed.

VIN#: JH2SC35081M400187

Price: $3,250 (can deliver on trailer w/i 100 miles of Indianapolis)"