CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wow-What a difference

RodeRash

It was time for new tires, so I ordered a new set of cush drive rubbers.

I ordered a set from Sensei. They claim that they are four times tougher than the stock units.

They are really a tight fit. You need to use plenty of silicone before assembly, and then you still need to stand on the sprocket to get them started, then a BF dead blow hammer to seat the sprocket completely. (This is also the recommended install procedure per the included instructions.)

What a difference. It drops into gear smooth as can be, and shifts are way smooth. There is no more driveline snatch when transitioning from off to on throttle. Between the drive rubbers and new tires, it's like a whole new bike!

I dunno if Sensei makes them for the BlackBird, but if they do, I'd get a set. I highly recommend them.

This is good to know cause I have been noticing more klunk when I shift into gear and through the gears. I have almost 53K on my Bird so maybe I am do for new rudders also.

Thanks for the info.

I was just looking around, found them as low as $36 + shipping. Can't remember where, I just put the part # of the damper set into google and did some browsing.

I'll probably order a set online even though shipping to Canada will kill me, since I emailed the local dealer about it and the stupidity of the responses annoyed me too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just over 20k here, but the rubber is still 13yrs old. Between this, and a new chain, should be a younger lady again. Thanks for the info!