CBR1100XX.org Forum

POS Honda

tomek

Well,after 149152 miles my stator is toast.R/R ? I don`t know yet.

I find it shocking and hard to believe,those kind of problems suppose to happen to other members but not me. :icon_twisted:

Well,after 149152 miles my stator is toast.R/R ? I don`t know yet.

I find it shocking and hard to believe,those kind of problems suppose to happen to other members but not me. :icon_twisted:

Makes me feel good about the future of my 99 with only 55,000.

I replaced my R/R at 45,000 with another OEM, even though it was working fine. Just didn't like what I was reading about the failures.

• 3 weeks later...

R/R was actually O.K. but I`ve replaced it with R1 unit anyway. Interesting part of the story,I`ve used one from 04-06 models instead of usual 98/01 r1/r6 route.Why ? Nobody wants them and consequently they are dirt cheap on egay.

This particular model is the mother of all R/Rs,the improved Honda part weights 340 grams,Yamaha`s- get this-840 grams. :icon_shocked:

Apparently it is designed to survive free fall from 10000ft.In 400 deg F. On R1 it has to deal with tough environment,it is mounted where fuel tank,rear frame on main frame marge,really close to cat converter.Bike has underseat exhaust.It gets really,really hot there.

Bad part about this swap,the R/R is so big it does not fit in stock location.Radiator fins are monstrous ,I had to get close and personal with grinding wheel.Trimmed ribs and removed that mini subframe from the rear,well,subframe.

There are two plugs on this R/R,three pins and two pins.3 pins is stator,2 pins is + and -.+ is to the inside - is to the outside of R/R.

IMG_1751.jpg

The R/R on my '91 VFR went out (part of why I got the bike so cheap) and I replaced it with the R/R from a 2006 CBR600RR, had to use a terminal block to get past the plug incompatibility, but the unit works flawlessly.

There really is a lot more compatibility than people think.

... I also have a '99 VFR800, hope it's R/R doesn't go bad soon :icon_frown: