CBR1100XX.org Forum

chain length help

nybryan

I put a 44 tooth in the bike <euro gearing> and left the 17 stock up front. I got a 110 link chain. It seems the chain is a bit to long as im almost to the replace reading on the adjuster. Do the europe bikes with the smaller rear sproket use 108 link chains. I don't want to cut anything out and have it to short. I also have the ride height adjusted up and that seems to shorten what is needed as a chain

bryan

I have a 43 tooth rear on my 2000. I ran it about 3000 miles for it's initial stretch then cut it down to 108 links. That took me to the very front of the adjustment. From what I'm seeing on my bike, I don't think 108 will be long enough for you.

Also, with your ride height adjusted up (I raised mine up with the Penske shock), make sure you adjust your chain a little looser than spec.

I have a 43 tooth rear on my 2000. I ran it about 3000 miles for it's initial stretch then cut it down to 108 links. That took me to the very front of the adjustment. From what I'm seeing on my bike, I don't think 108 will be long enough for you.

Also, with your ride height adjusted up (I raised mine up with the Penske shock), make sure you adjust your chain a little looser than spec.

Why looser, Aren't we susposed to measure on the side stand. I'm running a penske also

Why looser, Aren't we susposed to measure on the side stand. I'm running a penske also

See this. (esp post #8 to the end)