CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rectifier

Pat830

Service Honda, Ron Ayers, where?

I want it promptly, not from somebody that will take a week to get it in their UPS shipment.

Honda Part Number 31600-MAT-E01 for my 2000XX Three yellow wires in one plug, two red/yellow two green and one black wire in the other plug.

Thanks,

Pat

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the R1's Rectifier if I remember right they are even cheaper. I've never heard of one failing either.

Do a search if you need more info someone was even making a harness to swap them.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the R1's Rectifier if I remember right they are even cheaper. I've never heard of one failing either.

Do a search if you need more info someone was even making a harness to swap them.

I've seen the thread showing Mike making the harness for the various years.

I was thinking about it, but my rectifier had more wires than I was expecting for a 2000 model XX. What do I do with the two red/yellow wires and the two green wires that are plugged into the OEM rectifier, I don't think the R1 rectifier has the same amount of wires going into it?

AND

Yamaha parts are notorious for being slow to ship, I have a week long ride coming up shortly, I don't want a backordered part messing that up.

Pat,

Ron Ayers has good pricing. But they tell you up front that they aren't fast.

I found this LINKthat talks about the extra wires on the 00XX and how to connect a R1 rectifier.

PM, Rich ( Hobicus). He knows vendors that can get what you need fast.

• 6 months later...

I'll add on here.

For a CBR1100XX....1999 model.

R/R from Honda - 31600-MAT-E01 - MSRP: $172.78 - Your Price: $125.44

R/R for YZF R-1 (1999) - 4JH-81960-01-00 - MSRP: $109.90 - Your Price: $70.40

Above prices from Ronayers.com.

Now, pics of both R/R units are below. As you can see, the R-1 version shows a plugin but no harness. The other is stock, but then I find this website....

http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/...tor-Rectifier-1 ... $79.99

http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/...lator-Rectifier ... $119.99

http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/...lator-Rectifier ... $129.95

BartonMD makes pigtail connectors for the R-1 R/R.

Which option do you think is better?

post-3006-1289907288.gif

Here is a good vendor

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

As for regulator there is the R1 or here is another setup that works the same as it doesn't shunt to ground like the stock

http://roadstercycle.com/index.htm

I am running a Electrosport high output stator with the above R/R from roadster and have no issues with charging.

Just when I get jaded thinking I have seen it all, thanks for the link. Reverse three wheeler, reverse box, and much more.

Got any more links like that?

• 6 months later...

I just bought the kit from Roadstercycle to use on my 97.

Jack is very easy to deal with and ships immediately but my delivery was delayed by USPS.

If you go this route, call him and get expedited delivery.

The Yamaha part # is on his website and connectors are available through Eastern Beaver but I chose to pay a couple bucks more and get everything from Jack.

Installing this week...

Hank

I just bought the kit from Roadstercycle to use on my 97.

Jack is very easy to deal with and ships immediately but my delivery was delayed by USPS.

If you go this route, call him and get expedited delivery.

The Yamaha part # is on his website and connectors are available through Eastern Beaver but I chose to pay a couple bucks more and get everything from Jack.

Installing this week...

Hank

and as an update, the reg/rec holds a steady 14.2-14.3 volts.

The waterproof connectors are extremely well made.

The wire ends snap into the waterproof connectors and the connectors snap into the reg/rec.

I mounted it in the stock location but had to trim the top fin slightly...no big deal.

All in all, it looks to be a real upgrade.

The reg/rec is used on 07 and up R-1's and FJR 1300's.

Hank

Just FYI, I have not had to replace the Regulator on my Blackbird yet, but the one on my VFR800 started failing a while back so I eventually made the switch to an R1 regulator. I was actually able to get the R1 regulator under my fairings without cutting any of the cooling fins. It has worked flawlessly every since:

vfr800rr.jpg

Went looking for some more info but some of the links seem to be dead. Would be nice to get all the info together in one thread, and sticky it.

BartonMD any chance you have any pics or instructions you made up we could use?