CBR1100XX.org Forum

Now FOR SALE

Based on y'all's recommendations I'll start the bidding here @ $7,300 and will entertain reasonable offers

PICS added below

2008 ZX-14 Midnight Saphire Blue

I bought it new and I broke it in cautiously with numerous oil changes and a couple of hard pulls. No, she's not been down. She's just got some general road scuffs that comes with 12,000 miles but the 3M has mitigated a lot of that.

Here are the mods:

Fender Eliminator w/LED

3M'd the whole bike, all recommended areas, before it got out of the garage

Cox Radiator Guard

ZX-10 Front Wheel - lighter than stock and a direct swap

Spiegler full SS lines - black

EBC Pads

Handlebar Riser plates

T-Rex Stands and spools on the rear of the bike

Two Brother's Carbon Twin Cans with Juice Box - not dyno'd - Original cans included

Amsoil oil post break in with dino oil

PP2CT's - 190-55 on back

It's got about 12,000 on it and I really don't want to get rid of it but I can't stand seeing it sit in the garage.

I'll put pics on later if it makes sense to sell it. Bike is in San Antonio

post-3469-1272497720.jpg

post-3469-1272497761.jpg

Really fellas? Come on y'all are full of opinions! Even if you're not in the market give me an idea what you think is a fair price.

2008 ZX-14 Midnight Saphire Blue

I bought it new and I broke it in cautiously with numerous oil changes and a couple of hard pulls. No, she's not been down. She's just got some general road scuffs that comes with 12,000 miles but the 3M has mitigated a lot of that.

Here are the mods:

Fender Eliminator w/LED

3M'd the whole bike, all recommended areas, before it got out of the garage

Cox Radiator Guard

ZX-10 Front Wheel - lighter than stock and a direct swap

Spiegler full SS lines - black

EBC Pads

Handlebar Riser plates

T-Rex Stands and spools on the rear of the bike

Two Brother's Carbon Twin Cans with Juice Box - not dyno'd

Amsoil oil post break in with dino oil

PP2CT's - 190-55 on back

It's got about 12,000 on it and I really don't want to get rid of it but I can't stand seeing it sit in the garage.

I'll put pics on later if it makes sense to sell it. Bike is in San Antonio

I was looking for a ZX14 before I recently purchased another XX, but couldn't find a really immaculate one at the right price. I also wanted one that was stock with no add ons, and unless your extras are in the taste of the buyer, you probably won't get anymore for it than if it was stock.

Another thing that hurts used resale is that you can pick up new carry overs for $8500 to $9000 on Ebay.

In my opinion $7500, give or take a few hundred. Thats if it is clean and no major marks.

Good luck with your sale.

Well considering the owner is a traitor and has recently had a full frontal labotomy id say its worth about 5 bucks. Ill be nice and give you ten ENS though its fraternization to enter into a business deal between officer and enlisted so you will just have to give it to me!!! :icon_biggrin:

Do you want to test the mkt or sell it? If you want it gone $7500 is the asking price with flexibility to take low 7s.... Beside the cans, the bike is basically stock. Those other things are normal maintenance stuff. Just sold my orig owner 08 Busa with 12K miles for 7500. Busas hold value better than zx14s (not biased - they just seem to). New ones are CHEAP so that hurts newer resale prices.... By me I have seen 07/08 Zx14s go for 6-8 depending on condition/miles/mods. Seen 08 Busas with 2K miles for as little as 7300. :icon_shifty: so I did ok.

Bikes are toys and the toy market is in the shitter. But if you are a buyer - good for you.

GLWS

Slow down there Chief, I think this might look really good in your garage. The bike knows its way up and down Palomar Mountain. "Traitor" that harsh. I thought someone her might be looking for a bike like this since Honda SUCKS! (now)

Well considering the owner is a traitor and has recently had a full frontal labotomy id say its worth about 5 bucks. Ill be nice and give you ten ENS though its fraternization to enter into a business deal between officer and enlisted so you will just have to give it to me!!! :icon_biggrin:

Bike prices are funny things .I agree that mods do as much to detract interest as they do to bring interest.

I like buying stock bikes used because then I know the owner hasn't screwed it up. Right now the economy sucks and if a buyer wants to wait a bit a deal will be out there. You are also going up against people out of work having to sell their bikes that might be dumping them cheap to make a quick sale. THere are also plenty of brand new ones that dealers are having trouble moving so you are also competing with those.

From what I have been seeing I think you could get $7000.00 Maybe a bit more.

Wait until June - July if you want to get top $. Half of us just paid taxes, and this a notoriously bad month to sell anything.

How do you like the Two Bros cans? Are they really loud?

I took off the Area P's (carbon fiber, 2.5" cores) that came with my ZX as they were too loud for my tastes.

:icon_biggrin:

I really like the sound. I roll out of my neighborhood at 0530 and at low RPM's it's not bad at all. I didn't even opt to put in the tips to quiet them down.