CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lowering passenger foot pegs

Dotetcher

I added Buell footpegs and beadrider cover, it helped me alot. Remember if you raise your butt off the seat you are farther away from the handlebars. I raised the handlebars so that they are 1/4" above the tubes also changed the angle on the bars so at steering lock the grip barely touches the tank. I find that a very comfortable postion for my 6' 2" body. Ibprouphren for long rides helps. The part # for the Buell pegs can be found if you search this site under Buell pegs. There alot of guys using Dave's lowering brackets which you can find if you search this site. Hope this info helps. Ron

DavesXX01 was going to take a look at ways to lower the pillion pegs, but I haven't seen anything

on that in quite a while and frankly, given the mess he's having to deal with on the rider peg lowering

brackets, I doubt he'll venture into the pillion bracket design/manufacturing business... :icon_nono:

It's on my list of stuff to do, to come up with something.

Sounds like a good weekend project, then I have to get the machine shop to make them.

Hmmmm :icon_think:

My wife would be forever in your debt if you can come up with something. :icon_evilgrin:

My wife would be forever in your debt if you can come up with something. :icon_evilgrin:

+1 Though saying that I took the missus out on a ride up into the hills last week (~100km/60mi) and when we got off I asked her how her feet were as she usually got sore feet after a while and she was surprised that she hadn't even noticed the pegs and her feet felt good :icon_surprised:

Then I showed her that I had fitted the ST passenger pegs, seemed to help a bit :icon_biggrin:

The ST pegs are longer, nearly twice as wide and rubber covered so obviously made a huge difference :icon_wink:

Still if some sort of lowering block was made up I would look at that as well due to her still finding the knee position a little cramped :icon_think: I will get the seat redone with more padding at some time also which will help :icon_think:

Motorcycle Larry does brackets for the ST's but I think they would be too low and foul the std exhausts :icon_wall:

FJR1300PFPL-3.jpg

Also just noticed THESE :icon_think: