CBR1100XX.org Forum

Question for LSL Spiegler bar riser owners

silverbird1100

It looks like the bar would increase vibration and the extra leverage would throw your setup off. Any happy converters out there?

I love mine..

The extra leverage is a big help in the tight stuff..

If you don't like the bars, you can change them..

I also have Buell foot pegs

Makes it an all day rider for me....

I love mine.

No vibes.

Hasn't thrown my setup off, I'm still as fast as ever in the tight stuff.

I have Dave's lowering setup for the pegs.

I can ride all day long in comfort.

I'm a new bird owner and I just picked up an 01 with LSL bars on Sat. I have nothing to compare them to but can say they are very comfortable and vibration free.

The question I have after taking my first 200 mile ride today is can someone show me the difference between the Buell pegs and Daves lowering kit. I know it will take some time for my legs to adjust, but wow I was in pain after 100 miles. I am 6'0 215 lbs. I came off an ST1300.

Thx.

Tom

Sorry for the hijack.

I'm a new bird owner and I just picked up an 01 with LSL bars on Sat. I have nothing to compare them to but can say they are very comfortable and vibration free.

The question I have after taking my first 200 mile ride today is can someone show me the difference between the Buell pegs and Dave's lowering kit. I know it will take some time for my legs to adjust, but wow I was in pain after 100 miles. I am 6'0 215 lbs. I came off an ST1300.

Thx.

Tom

Sorry for the hijack.

I believe the drop etc on the Buell pegs and Dave's blocks are about the same :icon_confused: I'm `6'1''/135kg (300lb) and love Dave's blocks :icon_biggrin: The pegs could always be lower for cruising highways but then they would be too low for cornering :icon_think:

I was doing some searching on this site, and saw someone post LSL's are almost the same as Heli's or VFR bars? That can't be right can it?

No.

I had VFR bars and the LSL setup is higher and wider, much better in my opinion.

picture057.jpg

I was doing some searching on this site, and saw someone post LSL's are almost the same as Heli's or VFR bars? That can't be right can it?

No.

I had VFR bars and the LSL setup is higher and wider, much better in my opinion.

picture057.jpg

How does being wider work for you? I have a horrible pain between my shoulder blades after about 8 hours or riding. Most likely from hunching over but I'm guessing the new bars would help being wider too, no?

No.

picture057.jpg

How does being wider work for you? I have a horrible pain between my shoulder blades after about 8 hours or riding. Most likely from hunching over but I'm guessing the new bars would help being wider too, no?

I like them wider, more leverage.

It is just more comfortable for me.

You'll like them.

I don't have those sponge grips, I use BMW sport grips.

Filing off the little locating tabs on the bottom of the stock bar clamps will allow them to rotate on the fork tube. I found the orignal swept back bars to be very uncomfortable. After doing this the bike is much better for me, 6'5" and 200 lbs. Footpegs are still stock.

So spiegler says they are $400 with a clutch line, I need another $100 for the brake line correct?

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

I replaced all my lines when I did the handlebar change.

I would guess you would have to get a brake line too, but the stocker might be long enough. They will know at Spiegler.

I have a Givi windshield so there were no windshield clearance issues, there probably will be with a stock windshield.

So spiegler says they are $400 with a clutch line, I need another $100 for the brake line correct?

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

I'm pretty sure Spieglar supplies everything necessary for the install or at least has a footnote explaining something else is needed. You might also price them through Cogent Dynamics...

Hank

You might also price them through Cogent Dynamics...

Maybe, but I'd be surprised if their price is any different. After all, Cogent buys them from Spiegler.

Yes they do, but Spiegler sells retail to the public while Cogent has taken quite good care of the BB guys, both service and price wise...remember the Penske shock/front end mod group buy of 2 seasons ago? It wouldn't be a bad thing to price Cogent Dynamics and see.

I'd suggest speaking with Joyce or Rick and mentioning this forum and the Penske group buy...

Hank

Manufacturers ofter stick to "list" price to avoid undercutting their dealers. It's not uncommon to find the best pricing elsewhere than the manufacturer.

I'll probably buy from cd just because I'm likely to get screwed over by a stunter vendor.

I know the question has been answered but, a guy on the pashnit website said he had to learn how to ride his busa all over again with the higher bars. Surely it must be different, what can I expect?

Thanks again

I know the question has been answered but, a guy on the pashnit website said he had to learn how to ride his busa all over again with the higher bars. Surely it must be different, what can I expect?

Only if you are racing, not on the street. It makes it easier to ride if anything.

Only if you are racing, not on the street. It makes it easier to ride if anything.

That's what I was thinking. Are there options for the bars? Wider looks better but not too wide, guess you could cut em' down but will they bent with heat?

I'm also wondering about the throttle cables. Mine with the VFR bars are already stretched all the way (sitting pretty high on droppped forks) seems like you'd want longer ones. Dennis Kirk has them but how do you know what kind? Are they universal?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/searc...ables+cbr1100xx

This is what came up for XX's but only 98-99

That's what I was thinking. Are there options for the bars? Wider looks better but not too wide, guess you could cut em' down but will they bent with heat?

I'm also wondering about the throttle cables. Mine with the VFR bars are already stretched all the way (sitting pretty high on droppped forks) seems like you'd want longer ones. Dennis Kirk has them but how do you know what kind? Are they universal?

Rereading Spieglers site might clarify a few things for you; ie:

97-98 kits list for $299.00 and are ready to bolt on with all parts.

99 and up kits list for $399.00 and include a clutch line (hose) and is ready to bolt on.

There should be nothing else necessary to install.

In regard to bending the bars; the are a high quality aluminum bar which necessitates gentle bends rather than abrupt ones. I decided to use a different steel bar that was slightly narrower and slightly higher. Since I was also adding new brake lines, I had them made to my length. I did the same with a clutch line and had Motion Pro make longer throttle cables. All these extras were necessary only because I wanted a different bar.

BTW, I spoke with Rick at Cogent Dynamics about your interest in an LSL kit and he suggested by all means call him. He also said he'd be happy to do a group buy if enough guys were interested...

Hope that helps...Hank

Rereading Spieglers site might clarify a few things for you; ie:

97-98 kits list for $299.00 and are ready to bolt on with all parts.

99 and up kits list for $399.00 and include a clutch line (hose) and is ready to bolt on.

There should be nothing else necessary to install.

In regard to bending the bars; the are a high quality aluminum bar which necessitates gentle bends rather than abrupt ones. I decided to use a different steel bar that was slightly narrower and slightly higher. Since I was also adding new brake lines, I had them made to my length. I did the same with a clutch line and had Motion Pro make longer throttle cables. All these extras were necessary only because I wanted a different bar.

BTW, I spoke with Rick at Cogent Dynamics about your interest in an LSL kit and he suggested by all means call him. He also said he'd be happy to do a group buy if enough guys were interested...

Hope that helps...Hank

The 97-98 kit comes with a clutch line too according to Scott at Speigler. Does anybody know how much longer it is vs stock? I think I'm going to go with these and the kit I'm buying used doesn't have it included.

Thanks

Russ

The 97-98 kit comes with a clutch line too according to Scott at Speigler. Does anybody know how much longer it is vs stock? I think I'm going to go with these and the kit I'm buying used doesn't have it included.

Give it a test fit first before you buy an extended clutch or brake line. When I put my LSL bars on, I also installed +2" lines, but there's a lot of slack.

Give it a test fit first before you buy an extended clutch or brake line. When I put my LSL bars on, I also installed +2" lines, but there's a lot of slack.

Damn, if I practiced that kind of logic I would have saved myself a bundle of cash over the years!

Good suggestion, I think I'll follow that advice.

Thanks

Russ