CBR1100XX.org Forum

*Updated mystery hose identified* as I get deeper there are more??'s

cecome

Mystery Hose Identified, in the manual section 1 page 35 goes from float bowl#3 to evap purge control valve for CA only bikes, issue is I no longer have the valve on my bike so it is just plugged. Tonight I will sleep well!!! Thank you all for the help and support. This experience has given me the confidence to work a little on my bike.

1. what kind of person would drill out their airbox?

2. how bad are my velocity stacks, do they require replacement?

3. I guess this is a vacume hose, any idea why it would just have a bolt in it?

The holes in the air box are probably there because at one point in time the previous owner had the bike set up as a street fighter ie ran with no fairings. When you do this the air box pressurizes too much causing the bowls to pressurize with air instead of fuel which in turn starves the bike of fuel so it falls flat on its face. The easy fix is drill the back top half of the air box.

The mystery hose looks like part of the pair system block off that would be connected if you have not removed the pair system. Look at the top of your valve cover and if there is two shiney aluminum plates near the front on each side those are block off plates. if there are some things and hoses coming out then the hose maybe just part of the vacuum to connect to the pet cock on the gas tank... im out to sea right now so I can tell yo ufor sure on that.

1. what kind of person would drill out their airbox?

2. how bad are my velocity stacks, do they require replacement?

3. I guess this is a vacuum hose, any idea why it would just have a bolt in it?

The holes in the air box are probably there because at one point in time the previous owner had the bike set up as a street fighter ie ran with no fairings. When you do this the air box pressurizes too much causing the bowls to pressurize with air instead of fuel which in turn starves the bike of fuel so it falls flat on its face. The easy fix is drill the back top half of the air box.

The mystery hose looks like part of the pair system block off that would be connected if you have not removed the pair system. Look at the top of your valve cover and if there is two shiney aluminum plates near the front on each side those are block off plates. if there are some things and hoses coming out then the hose maybe just part of the vacuum to connect to the pet cock on the gas tank... im out to sea right now so I can tell yo ufor sure on that.

Thanks for the input, not sure if he ever ran it as a street-fighter, but have a replacement air-box on the way so I can put it back to the way it was meant to be.

Mystery hose goes to evap purge control valve which is no longer with the bike so I guess the bolt in the end is just to make sure it has vacuum pressure.

Be safe at sea and come home as soon as you can your bikes miss you!!!!!