CBR1100XX.org Forum

Track bike. If anyone spies a deal on a wreck or non-titled bike......I'd be interested. This last RacerXX has the bug in me again and I just don't feel comfy going 10/10's on my RC in street form as it would make me weep if I balled it up in a corner. Would love a 600 variant, GSXR, R6...etc. SV650 also has me interested as there are parts galore for cheap, and.....it's a twin, which I'm addicted to.

Keep your eyes peeled........bi-monthly Jennings trips??? ooooohhhh, be still my heart.

Bookmark the WERA classifieds if you haven't already. The NESBA forum is another spot to keep an eye on.

Advice- buy an already prepped bike, not a salvage or wreck that will need rebuilding. The build is fun, and it's nice knowing what you're on from the inside out, but you will save hundreds if not thousands by purchasing an already prepped bike. By the time you source bodywork, suspension, rearsets, ect....you're going to add at least a couple grand to whatever you spend on the project bike, and that's if you shop around and are patient.

Yeah I'm browsing already. Really thinking the SV is going to give me the best bang for the buck. So much cheaper than a 600RR, R6 etc......

I dunno, my wife would probably murder me if she even knew I was THINKING about this. But hey! I'm not out bangin hookers or anything, right?? right???

SV650 would be a smart move. If you end up with a 2nd generation a lot of GSXR parts are interchangeable as well...finding spares/replacements/upgrades is cake.

But hey! I'm not out bangin hookers or anything, right?? right???

Well, we'll need to define "bangin" and "hookers" before I comment on that. I'm not sure if that blow job from that tweaker behind the Cracker Barrel counts. But hey, at $3, who would say no, right? He was pretty cute, too, for a guy with three teeth.

SV650 would be a smart move. If you end up with a 2nd generation a lot of GSXR parts are interchangeable as well...finding spares/replacements/upgrades is cake.

But hey! I'm not out bangin hookers or anything, right?? right???

Well, we'll need to define "bangin" and "hookers" before I comment on that. I'm not sure if that blow job from that tweaker behind the Cracker Barrel counts. But hey, at $3, who would say no, right? He was pretty cute, too, for a guy with three teeth.

He didn't hold a candle to your skills, big boy.

I can't stop thinking about an SV in race trim now. Work not getting done. This hobby is annoying sometimes.

Maybe an "SV" 1/2 partnership ?

Are you offering?? Or suggesting for another partner? I'll think about that, could be a way to go.

Edit: One tidbit about that scenario would be suspension setup. If I did a partnership, it would have to be understood that the bike would be dedicated for one rider for a full day, then swap for a second day, in order to setup the proper sag for each rider. For an event like RacerXX, perhaps just set it up in the middle and go have fun.........

Don't forget that Jennings has a forum also. Narrows done your search area to maybe something closer. Not sure how far you want to travel to check out a bike. I've been doing used car/bike research (read: shopping) lately and hate when I find what could be the perfect deal, only to find the object is in Washington St. :icon_confused:

Linky Here

If you (or anyone) are interested and have not found something in the mean time.

I have bought an 04 750, so my 01 GSXR-600 will be for sale in the near future. I have a friend locally that is interested so I am going to give him the 1st shot. I should know something after the 1st week of April. I will be shaking down the 750 Easter weekend at Road Atlanta and will be taking the 600 with me, in case of any glitches with the 750.

If you (or anyone) are interested and have not found something in the mean time.

I have bought an 04 750, so my 01 GSXR-600 will be for sale in the near future. I have a friend locally that is interested so I am going to give him the 1st shot. I should know something after the 1st week of April. I will be shaking down the 750 Easter weekend at Road Atlanta and will be taking the 600 with me, in case of any glitches with the 750.

Whats the setup on the bike? And how much will you be looking for it if your friend doesnt pull the trigger?

Like I said, I'm leaning big time towards an SV, but......I'm open to any possibilities. '01.......fuel injected, correct?

Whats the setup on the bike? And how much will you be looking for it if your friend doesnt pull the trigger?

Like I said, I'm leaning big time towards an SV, but......I'm open to any possibilities. '01.......fuel injected, correct?

Yes, FI.

Clean Va title

Stock motor - 14,xxx miles. No leaks, no smoke, runs fine.

Penske double clicker shock. Traxxion Dynamics internals in forks. Setup for 180lb rider. Refreshed in I think August last year.

Woodcraft rearsets and clipons.

Full M4 exhaust

PC3 USB with M4/stock air filter map

GPR V1 damper

Brand new Vesrah SJRL-17 pads.

Unknown bodywork. It has been crashed and repaired. Bike was painted beginning of 08

If I do not have to ride it, tires have 2 days at Barber - Dunlop 209GPAs 120/190

I will be removing the Brembo MC and the Yoyodyne slipper clutch to put on the 750. Will be replaced with stock components.

I would like to get $2700

Race plastics?? Belly pan??

Brembo MC being removed......but what are the calipers?? Stockers??

oooooohhhhh.....that yoyodyne.......me likey!!!

Yes, race plastics: upper, lower, tail ( uses stock seat) and fender.

Stock calipers and rotors

Forgot it is pretty much fully safety wired, also. Passes NESBA tech with no problems.

gallery_40_772_20152.jpg

Does the Wife know yet?

Just remember, it's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.

She knows......she's.......going to get used to it. I told her, "at least I don't fish......then I'd be pouring money into a hole in the water, your luckier than you could ever imagine!!!"

That went over.....so,so. :icon_silenced:

This is a funny thread Brad! I'd think a vtwin would be more your thing if you already like the RC. I love the SV650 torque on and off the track and there seem to be plenty of them around race prepped and not. And parts galore for fixing them after a spill as you said. So anyway, that's my vote.