CBR1100XX.org Forum

rebuilt stock rear shock

lensmanxx

Just got my rebuilt shock back from TraXXion.

Here's the shock:

post-10076-1268448430.jpg

Revalved, gas port added, new Showa spring, spacer, and bearings- now weighs around 10 lbs- lot cheaper than a Penske; I'm on a budget.

Here's a close up of the port. Hopefully, I'll be able to install and try it out soon. I'll post again after I've had a chance to ride with it.

post-10076-1268448533.jpg

The whole job, including shipping was $377.00, plus it's set up for me. I just have to install it.

That's not bad at all.

I just disassembled several Honda (Showa) rear shocks and they use top-notch internals. The only thing that "feels" cheap is the steel body but I'm sure that's just an impression. I would imagine that a steel body is better than an aluminum one.

We need a ride review, get busy. :icon_biggrin:

a. The weather sucks.

b. Guess who has a bad case of arthritis in his right thumb and is having a hell of a time riding,or shooting (forget Jui Jitsu)? Hopefully a cortisone injection will get this right on Monday.

The whole job, including shipping was $377.00, plus it's set up for me. I just have to install it.

That's not bad at all.

I just disassembled several Honda (Showa) rear shocks and they use top-notch internals. The only thing that "feels" cheap is the steel body but I'm sure that's just an impression. I would imagine that a steel body is better than an aluminium one.

Yeah Jaws in the UK reckons the std shock is mechanically quite good, only drawback is it gas over oil, he gets them rebuilt with oil over oil I believe, not sure exactly how that is done but apparently they last much longer before losing damping quality :icon_confused: