CBR1100XX.org Forum

1999 CBR 1100xx - Sale Canadian

I talked with a buddy today who has decided to sell his 1999 CBR 1100xx I was posting to try and get a idea of what the bike is 'worth' these days. It has about 40K or 25 thousand miles on it. Has been very well taken care of. Is blue and has braided lines/corbin Gunfighter seat/Scott oiler/hugger/other than that it is stock.

It is becoming harder and harder to try and find them in Canada.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, James

4000 max if the body is super clean and no scratches / dings or rash at all.

97 / 98 go for 3000, clean.

dealer across the street had a blue one in very good condition 3999.00

I was going to say less but the corbin is worth about 200 give or take. and 40k is good.

they are harder to find but not considered a desirable motorcycle for some strange reason.

if there is any scratches at all even a tipover then goes down to 3500

good luck.

4000 max if the body is super clean and no scratches / dings or rash at all.

97 / 98 go for 3000, clean.

dealer across the street had a blue one in very good condition 3999.00

I was going to say less but the corbin is worth about 200 give or take. and 40k is good.

they are harder to find but not considered a desirable motorcycle for some strange reason.

if there is any scratches at all even a tipover then goes down to 3500

good luck.

Thanks Elliot ..

I will tell him what to expect then, the bike is immaculate, he has also added Pazzo levers and a rear hugger. I have pics if you think I should post them.(?)

Elliot (et al) would a injected CBR be worth more than a carbed one even if they were a year apart?

Most likely EFI will fetch a bit more than carb. I've never seen a XX in Canada for $4000 that wasn't smashed.

Thinking about $5500 would be a starting point... I've seen them go for quite a bit more too, economy will effect the price more than anything. Does the area it is being sold in have alot of unemployment....

Blackbird in Toronto

Most likely EFI will fetch a bit more than carb. I've never seen a XX in Canada for $4000 that wasn't smashed.

Thinking about $5500 would be a starting point... I've seen them go for quite a bit more too, economy will effect the price more than anything. Does the area it is being sold in have alot of unemployment....

Blackbird in Toronto

He is in Barrie, Ontario, but Toronto is close by... Thanks for the feed back, he's posted an add and started at $5,500.00cdn :icon_biggrin:

* employment is kinda lousy all over at the moment.

efi gets more than carbed, blue gets more than black.

if it is immaculate he should start at 5500 but really if he wants to move it

start at 4995. that way he will get people looking to spend under 5,000.

take off the pazzos and the hugger and sell them here.

but if he gets 4500 it is a good price.

just my opinion

E.

I've been watching prices on the XX for years like many members here. Condition matters and more pics and more detailed pics would be helpful in determining value. There is also often times differences in prices a bike will fetch based on area. Bikes in general seem to be higher priced north of the boarder.

I'd try some on line book values sites and I'd also look through some of the for sale section bikes on forums that have sold. You can do the same with cycletrader and ebay.

James just a suggestion

but have him put it on kiji in quebec

and maybe www.lespac.com in english.

the xx is one of the bikes not listed as sport so the plates are cheaper.

he might get someone if it is in really good shape.

worth the 5.00