CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help Me ID this LED Taillight/fender eliminator

drmedak

Hi

I just bought a nice low mileage '99 Blackbird. The only thing on the bike that I am not crazy about is the bike came with an aftermarket fender eliminator/LED taillight replacement. The mileage is low enough and the bike is otherwise in great shape, so the taillight wasn't' a deal breaker.

Can anybody identify what brand this is? It was on the bike when the PO bought it too, so he didn't know, and he liked it.

Long term I'll need to know what oem parts I will need to return it to stock.

The right hand bulb is burnt out as a taillight...works fine as a brake light. Needs a new bulb.

Links to the images below.

http://www.drmedak.com/files/cbrxxfiles/XXtail.jpg

http://www.drmedak.com/files/cbrxxfiles/XXtail2.jpg

Thanks!

Looks like a first gen Mototeck. They updated the design at one point, that's the older version. More commonly referred to as an "undertail" than "undertray". If nothing else, upgrade the LEDs in there, the Mototeck ones were notorious for being just about impossible to see, especially the turn signals.

Thanks....yes, a couple of sources have told me that it looks like a Mototeck. I am just not crazy about these.

I just picked up a complete fender with turn signals and license bracket/light on eBay.

I am going to try to return to stock....I am curious how much "customization" was done to the wiring....that'll be interesting.

Jim