CBR1100XX.org Forum

New project

cbrxxquad

Going to go through this bike for the son of a friend I grew up with. Also my son's friend. You might remember him, he was the one that won in the handicap Olympics after loosing his leg in a motorcycle accident.

I am thinking turbo, but no one makes one for an 07 R1. He has a rod out I think and wants the head ported. More power is the plan. Don't think that is going to be enough. There are kits I can use to build him one. I am thinking 200hp is going to be min. and easy with a turbo.

post-893-1261088891.jpg

post-893-1261088971.jpg

post-893-1261089014.jpg

post-893-1261089075.jpg

post-893-1261089119.jpg

post-893-1261089162.jpg

I`d say it is gonna be electronic nightmare since 07 and up R1s have fly by wire throttle.04-06 R1s engines are identical except for cylinder head (4 valve vs 5 valve),throttle bodies and electronics.

Turbo kits for earlier model are available http://www.tobefast.com/turbo-kit-stage-1-...pp-pr-2381.html

I`d say it is gonna be electronic nightmare since 07 and up R1s have fly by wire throttle.04-06 R1s engines are identical except for cylinder head (4 valve vs 5 valve),throttle bodies and electronics.

Turbo kits for earlier model are available http://www.tobefast.com/turbo-kit-stage-1-...pp-pr-2381.html

Which one is your?

I gota lot to learn about Yamis. Only one way.

Being it is an 07, there is nothing I have found for it, at all.

Fly by wire is a problem too. But, that is all I have found. Still looking. Variable stacks too. I don't know what the deal is but the clutch is not good for DR.

Got no oil pressure, well the light is on when it runs, but, someone said that is it more of a level light and not pressure. That they all come on at high rpm's.

It has oil to halfway up the sight glass, no stick.

Fuckn Yama's Looks like drag racin one is a waste.

It is oil level light,rather unreliable and inaccurate.There is no pressure light on R1.

Here is the only R1 forum you`ll ever need to know ,if you dig into it there is a wealth of technical info there,,,,,,,,,

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

It is oil level light,rather unreliable and inaccurate.There is no pressure light on R1.

That's just stupid engineering. What good is an oil level on a wheelie prone sportbike? It's not oil level that lubricates the bearing, it's PRESSURE!

O.K.I disagree.Low oil level may lead to low pressure,when wuz the last time you have experienced oil pump failure ?

Oil pressure light is pretty much useless,it just basically tells you gotta drop the engine,split the cases and replace mains and/or the crank. :icon_whistle:

Yamahas IMHO are better engineered then Hondas. :icon_silenced:

That's just stupid engineering. What good is an oil level on a wheelie prone sportbike? It's not oil level that lubricates the bearing, it's PRESSURE!

O.K.I disagree.Low oil level may lead to low pressure,when wuz the last time you have experienced oil pump failure ?

Oil pressure light is pretty much useless,it just basically tells you gotta drop the engine,split the cases and replace mains and/or the crank. :icon_whistle:

I like the idea of a "low oil level" warning light, but there should also be something for low oil pressure. At least it might save you a set of engine cases.

Yamahas IMHO are better engineered then Hondas. :icon_silenced:

Are you trying to start a fight? :icon_duh:

This is a highly debatable statement. So is saying that beef is better than pork. Depends on how the animals were fed, butchered, and who does the cooking. Not to mention personal taste.

After messing with it for a while, it seams the noise he was hearing maybe tuning related. Took the PC out and don't sound to bad and runs now. The "OIL LIGHT" don't go out though. Also has an oil line from the end of the oil galley to the clutch housing, I am guessing it may be to help the clutch problems they are prone to.

But, I don't hear a rod knocking.

Oil pressure is a mandatory known. If you don't have 1# per 1k rpm the bearings will fail. Splash oiling is not going to cut it.

Think I will put a gauge on the end of the line going into the clutch.

It does make me think that with as hard as the Yamaha's are on clutches, that with all the fiber material floating around, it might be important to know if you actually do have pressure, or the pump has froze up from trash.... :icon_twisted: