CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: Seiko blue FrankenMonster (SKZ245K1)

Up for sale is my silver-colored Seiko FrankenMonster with a blue face. I have a black FrankenMonster and a Seiko Atlas, which is more than enough automatic watches for the time being.

This is a large watch- 50mm across the crown and 40.5mm across the bezel- it's also 12.5mm thick. The weight is also substantial, but that's what I consider a good feature. This watch doesn't use batteries- the action of wearing the watch (and associated arm movements) keep the main spring wound.

Also, this is a dive watch, with 200m rating. I don't take my watches into the water typically, but people on the watchuseek forums have and report that it's quite easy to read. This is due to the material that Seiko uses on the hands and markers- Lumibrite. See the photo below to see how bright the lume is.

This watch has zero problems and is probably around 98 or 99%. I am the original owner and purchased the watch new from CreationWatches in October. I am including everything in the photos- the manual, quick instruction guide and box it arrived in. There are only a few minor scratches on the clasp, but those are quite minor. And there are no gouges.

This watch currently sells for $210 plus shipping at CreationWatches, and i'm offering it here for $175 plus shipping (firm). I don't believe that this watch was commercially available here in the states, if that helps.

Please hit me with any questions.

Thanks!

And now, the photos:

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

This last photo is not of this particular watch, but is the same model in a different color. Presented here only to show the intensity of the lume- you can damn near read with it.

attachment.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In pictures #1 and #5 it looks as if there is a scratch in the Bezel right between the 20 and 25 second marks. Is there a scratch there? Just curious.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...