CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pair of Givi E36N Monokey cases, almost new.

Used once for a trip down to OzarXX in '08, practically brand new. I've got a set of E21s I've found I like a lot better for the types of trips I go on lately. These have been hanging from my garage ceiling for around a year and a half, time to say goodbye. Can also be used as a top case with any Monokey mounting plate, but I will not separate unless both are spoken for.

$250 OBO plus actual shipping. Better pics of as they sit now later tonight, but they're essentially brand new with no damage, scuffs or scrapes.

94826308.jpg

I would be interested in one if you have other interest in one. I would like to try a top case with my Beetle Bags.

thanx, Dave

518-588-0067

Cool, I'll give you a call if someone else speaks up.

Hell, I couldn't imagine going bigger. My 21s and a tank bag are big enough for 95% of the trips I do, and I found the 36s are pretty much overkill even on that last 5%.

As I have found with houses, the bigger I buy, the more shit I pack in it. If I need bigger, I suppose the Goldwing could provide some nice capacity.

Can these be attached with SW Motech attachments? I have an E52 on the back attached w SWMotech, and might like to do the same w side bags. The Motech hdwe for the box on the back is great.

My soft GIVI bags have gotten very faded and are beginning to look pretty worn.

Mike

As I have found with houses, the bigger I buy, the more shit I pack in it. If I need bigger, I suppose the Goldwing could provide some nice capacity.

I would tend to agree, but I'm amazed how SMALL the 36L ones are when I pack for a big trip (which I tend to take). To be fair, I've learned to pack a lot less with each successive trip, but then I find ways to use the extra space for stuff I tend to run out of (like clean, dry boot socks) because I eliminated one thing to make room for another. Yeah, they make the bike look like a tank, but I'm shameless when I'm touring. :icon_whistle:

If I took more local/weekend trips, I'd find the smaller cases a better deal, but for my first purchase I wanted maximum storage space. Heck, I pack my tool bag, an air pump (electric), and some other necessities...just in case, and that takes about 3/4 of one case alone (ironically, if something goes wrong, I always seem to still lack the one item I need). :icon_rolleyes::icon_frown::icon_lol:

Also, at rallies, I leave the two side cases in the room and shuffle stuff about in my top case (same size), so on the group ride, I have all "absolute daily essentials" in one case.

Sorry, but if you find a couple of 36L cases SMALL, you must pack like a woman. I can stay on the road indefinitely using a couple 21L cases and a tank bag. For a two or three week trip I might wish I had the 36s, but I just don't need that kind of room.

Here's me packed up for an 8 day trip out to CA in '06 (TBME, where that bike met its end)

118737396.jpg

Oh, and BUMP. :icon_biggrin:

Here's me packed up for an 8 day trip out to CA in '06 (TBME, where that bike met its end)

Amateur.

I take 14-18 day trips. :icon_dance:

:icon_nono:

:icon_popcorn:

Amateur.

I take 14-18 day trips. :icon_dance:

Pay attention-

I can stay on the road indefinitely using a couple 21L cases and a tank bag.

Packing too much shit doesn't make you a pro, quite the opposite. :icon_wink:

OK, here's a couple quick questions before you auction them. Mind you, I am going in to this cold, with not much knowledge about hard bags.

I pack like a girl, or to be more precise, like the slob that I am. I just like throwing shit into multiple bags at the last minute and bungeeing and rocstrapping the shit out of it so I look like a cool wandering gypsy dude.

I carry way too much stuff, but I don't give a fuck and I want my torque wrench by god I feel naked without it. And my laptop. What's the good of a trip with Hobi if you can't sit around and watch red tube at night?

So my questions are:

Do the bags come with any mounting hardware, and if not, what is the approximate price of a set?

Will they clear my 2 Brothers shotguns?

I am guessing that 36N means 36L?

Will they make my ass look big?

And finally, if the responses to the above are appropriate, can I get them week 1 of 2010? My birthday is 1/3, and wifey would bitch less if I got them then, especially since she just dropped $300+ on new gloves for Christmas.

I hope this is not too much data to collect, but it has to be easier than putting it up on ebay.

Phillip, too much stuff shouldn't be an issue with these unless you pack like a girl and take really long trips. My 15.6" laptop fits nicely in one of them even in the large, padded briefcase type case I carry it in, though it does end up taking up a large portion of one bag. Without the padded case, it doesn't eat into storage much at all.

Dimensions are listed at 22"L x 16.3"W x 10.8"D, if that helps.

Do the bags come with any mounting hardware, and if not, what is the approximate price of a set?

No mounting hardware is included here. SW Motech quick release mounts are available here for $235.

Will they clear my 2 Brothers shotguns?

No idea. How much higher than stock are they?

I am guessing that 36N means 36L?

Yes, they are 36 liters per case. No idea what the N is supposed to stand for.

Will they make my ass look big?

No, and as a matter of fact, they'll make your ass look smaller when mounted and riding. That right there is a bonus, and free. Now the bike's ass, that's a whole 'nother story...

And finally, if the responses to the above are appropriate, can I get them week 1 of 2010? My birthday is 1/3, and wifey would bitch less if I got them then, especially since she just dropped $300+ on new gloves for Christmas.

I received another inquiry via PM this morning. If that doesn't go anywhere, just let me know if you want them and I'll set them aside. I'm not in a huge hurry.

Man, I'll be honest, that much extra cost for the mounting stuff kills the deal for me. The pipes come up pretty high, didn't know if that would be an issue.

I'll sit this one out. Good luck!

Yeah, the entry price on hard luggage is a bit steep, but once you go that route, you won't go back.

Perhaps a top box? Mounts are more reasonable, and there's another guy waiting for someone to break up the set. :icon_evilgrin: