CBR1100XX.org Forum

Found Some Hidden Damage.....

Went to install my DDM Tuning Hid Kit and the previous owner had zip tied in the guage cluster due to all the mounting points broken off. Also the fairing stay is bent where it meets the front of the frame. So a I was all happy then I found this. So I was wondering if anybody had a gauge cluster(working or not) for a 98 Bird laying around that they would not mind parting with. I think I'm going to order the stay new unless anyone has one that is not bent(which I doubt anyone would). Just let me know what you want for it shipped to 77354. The address is a business address. Some times shipping is cheaper that way. Thanks.

Unfortunatley, I don't have a cluster for you, but an FYI. You might be able to purchase just the back of the gauge cluster from Honda. At least that is how my '02 is built. Despite different guage setup, I'm pretty sure it is built the same. My guauges are in three pieces; the front cover that you look at and through, the guts of the guages themselves, and the back plate (white plastic) that holds the guages together and mounts them to the front subframe. When I surfed the ashphault the first time, I also broke every tab that was attached to the subframe. Gauges looked and worked fine, just the tabs were broken. Try Service Honda or Ron Ayers Honda. They have online parts fische and exploded views of the bike and can get the part numbers to order. It maybe a lot easier to source that plastic than trying to find an entire gauge cluster. Also, obviously, you can get the front subframe also. Good Luck.

Unfortunatley, I don't have a cluster for you, but an FYI. You might be able to purchase just the back of the gauge cluster from Honda. At least that is how my '02 is built. Despite different guage setup, I'm pretty sure it is built the same. My guauges are in three pieces; the front cover that you look at and through, the guts of the guages themselves, and the back plate (white plastic) that holds the guages together and mounts them to the front subframe. When I surfed the ashphault the first time, I also broke every tab that was attached to the subframe. Gauges looked and worked fine, just the tabs were broken. Try Service Honda or Ron Ayers Honda. They have online parts fische and exploded views of the bike and can get the part numbers to order. It maybe a lot easier to source that plastic than trying to find an entire gauge cluster. Also, obviously, you can get the front subframe also. Good Luck.

I looked on Babbits and they want $250.00 just for the white backing part. The gauges look and function fine just need the mounting part. Hoping i could fine someone with a broken gauge cluster that would sell it cheap or just let me buy the back part.

Just get a plastic welder and fix it!!

I have a plastic welder but no pieces to weld to it.

I'm fabrication savvy but I rather have the correct part for this. Especially when used cluster on Ebay are cheap. There not any on Ebay right now so I figure I would try here.