CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bearing dust caps

tomek

Any good tricks how to remove them ?.They have not been touched in ,eh,,,,,10+ years.I`d like to check bearings before looong drive.

Just buy new ones, and clean and repack the bearings while you're at it.

man, I just can not believe this ain't a troll thread, or there is something I am missing.

A screw driver between the hub and the cap roll stop around the edge and work your self around prying it up a little in each spot, if it is a stock one, If it is a bearing buddy, same but will need a sharp edge to get in between like a scraper.

Kinda hard to explain, and would be easier to draw something.

I have even had to use some channel locks to grab them and wiggle out.

But, a question like that coming from you, not likely. Some body has kidnapped Tomek .

man, I just can not believe this ain't a troll thread, or there is something I am missing.

A screw driver between the hub and the cap roll stop around the edge and work your self around prying it up a little in each spot, if it is a stock one, If it is a bearing buddy, same but will need a sharp edge to get in between like a scraper.

That method did not work,they were almost welded solid.That is way I ask the question in the first place.

Anyway,I grabbed large wise grips and managed to spin caps in hubs.After that the rest was a breeze.

I`m really glad I`ve checked those bearings.One inner was was totally shot,second almost done,,,,,,,and we are trailering to Montana on Friday,they would`ve never made the trip.

That method did not work,they were almost welded solid.That is way I ask the question in the first place.

Anyway,I grabbed large wise grips and managed to spin caps in hubs.After that the rest was a breeze.

I`m really glad I`ve checked those bearings.One inner was was totally shot,second almost done,,,,,,,and we are trailering to Montana on Friday,they would`ve never made the trip.

great, anybody but you, well almost. Glad you got it, glad you checked it.

I would have said something the first time I saw it but, just knew it was something not normal.