CBR1100XX.org Forum

VFR800 Question

dehning

I'm re-assembling a '99 VFR800 I purchased in pieces a few weeks back, it's almost complete, but I have two wiring questions that I need help on. I've posted at VFR World, but nobody seems to know. :icon_surprised:

The first question involves a little plug that comes up from somewhere on or near the right die of the engine, see pic 1 (and no, it's not the one that goes into the bottom or back of the airbox)

The second is about the fused red line that comes directly off the positive battery terminal, the fuse has an OEM position, so I assume it's stock and the other end seems to plug into a plug on the closest point on the harness (according to the service manual). The bike turns on, turns over and things seem to work without it being connected. See pic 2

Hope somebody here can help. :icon_biggrin:

The third pic is what it looked like before it was torn down.

Thanks

post-20371-1248631145.jpg

post-20371-1248631147.jpg

post-20371-1248631331.jpg

I'm re-assembling a '99 VFR800 I purchased in pieces a few weeks back, it's almost complete, but I have two wiring questions that I need help on. I've posted at VFR World, but nobody seems to know. :icon_surprised:

The first question involves a little plug that comes up from somewhere on or near the right die of the engine, see pic 1 (and no, it's not the one that goes into the bottom or back of the airbox)

The second is about the fused red line that comes directly off the positive battery terminal, the fuse has an OEM position, so I assume it's stock and the other end seems to plug into a plug on the closest point on the harness (according to the service manual). The bike turns on, turns over and things seem to work without it being connected. See pic 2

Hope somebody here can help. :icon_biggrin:

The third pic is what it looked like before it was torn down.

Thanks

I posted this on my local VFR site OzVFR, maybe someone there will know :icon_think:

Just an FYI (not trying to be a smart ass).

Before you pull stuff apart. If its not obvious what hooks to what, mark it with a sharpie. I use diff colored paint pens and it removes guess work.

Not to be a smart-ass back, but if you read the first line of my post it says "I'm re-assembling a '99 VFR800 I purchased in pieces"

I actually got a response back from the VFR group and found the connector, now I'm just waiting for my iridium plugs and the yuasa battery before testing her out.

I will warn anybody else who attempts this that after spending many hours on a Ninja 250, a CBR1000F and a VFR750, that the VFR800's plumbing is orders of magnitude more complex, even having the shop manual was only a limited help.

The linked brake system wasn't as complex as I had expected (but I still have to bleed it)

Will keep y'all posted.