CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB Front Forks! I wore mine out!

Hey guys, I need a good set of forks for the bird, I've got around 150k on mine and the outsides have lots of nicks and scratches. I live a mile from a paved road now. The bushings on the inside are soo worn out that I couldn't take the forks apart the normal way(the bushings would slide down and wedge instead of pulling the seal out), I had to run screws down into the seals and pull them out that way, which of coarse put more scratches on on the tubes.....argg. I put a set of Supermoto wheels on my XR650R and have been riding that for last 5 months but would really like to get the bird back up and running. When I didn't have the money I could find forks for sale and now that I've got the money I can't find any! Any help would be much appreciated.

Paully

I don't know on this one, but I would call a quality suspension shop and see every can clean them up. For a little more than buying someone else's, you could have yours rebuilt for you and have a better fork.

Tim!! What's up! Yea only 150k, I've not had the riding time I used to, the wife and I got separated and I have the kids 98% of the time, plus I've been riding the shit out of my XR650R offroad and on now with supermoto wheels. I broke my foot trail riding and did some supermoto racing and shattered my knee.........ouch!! So there was another 10 months no riding. I need to visit the board more!

Rodant, the tubes are really used, thousands of wheelies, 150k miles and 2 miles of dirt a day for 2 years, and I put some nicks in them getting them apart, the bushing wedged while trying pop the seals out. I have no problem rebuilding them but I would rather have some lower milage ones to put money into. Just the labor at the shops is as much as I've seen for a good pair of forks, not including parts.

JB4XX That would be sweet if you've got a set, I am so jonesing to ride the bird!

post-80-1248576979.jpg