CBR1100XX.org Forum

For Sale: 2003 CBR1100XX

I hate to do this, I never wanted to sell her, but I need too many things for my house to keep her.

Anyway, 2003 Honda CBR1100XX(obviously). 10,010 miles. I'm the original owner, bought as a leftover in November of 2004 with 0 miles. Never abused or down, I'm a 36 year old male. This is actually my second 'bird I"ve owned, that's how much I love them.

Bike is mechanically perfect, I've never had any issues with her. Tires replaced last year(Michelin Pilot Road 2's), they have probably less than 1,000 miles on them. Original everything, absolutely no mods, this bike is exactly as it was from the factory. Paint is perfect except for a small part of the front fender, where it rubbed on a truck bed when I was treilering it once. Also, because of my motorcycle boots, small portions of the tail above the pegs have rubbed through the paint. Other than that, no blemishes. Oil was changed with Amsoil synthetic every 3,000 miles or every season, whichever occured first. Last was this spring, maybe 300 or 400 miles ago, doesn't burn a drop of oil, coolant or anything. Routinely get 190 miles out of a tank of gas.

I also own a 2004 Aprilia RSV1000, to say the CBR has been a rock of reliability is an understatement. The Aprilia has been out of commission a few times, while the CBR never lets me down.

I can take as many pictures or any view as someone wants, just let me know. I live near Albany, NY. Hopefully someone will give her a nice home. 6000 obo, will consider reasonable offers.

post-518-1247934098.jpg

I also own a 2004 Aprilia RSV1000, to say the CBR has been a rock of reliability is an understatement. The Aprilia has been out of commission a few times, while the CBR never lets me down.

I believe this and maybe you should keep the rock and...... :icon_biggrin:

I believe this and maybe you should keep the rock and...... :icon_biggrin:

Trust me I have gone back and forth with what to sell and what to keep. I guess at this point, a motorcycle to me is an emotional thing, it's not a necessity, it's a desire, and the Aprilia is just so emotional for me. I can't really describe it I guess. It's freaking uncomfortable, can be unreliable, can be expensive, yet it feels good when I see it in my garage, and when I ride it. The CBR is some of that also, but not nearly as much.

The CBR is like just utilitarian. lol If I had a girl right now and one that liked to ride, the Aprilia would be up on the blocks and not the XX, trust me. But this is not the case. lol So someone will get a really great, well taken care of bike. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...