CBR1100XX.org Forum

A Question About Tires

RU660R

I was looking at my tires today and they are worn but with good tread. But when I picked up the bike a couple weeks ago I forgot to ask the previous owner how old they where. So I will be replacing them soon. My question is do any of yall put wider tires on the rear, front, or both. If so what is the advantage. Thanks in advance.

A nice fat tyre front will make you as fast as a hedgehog :icon_confused:

What has Ron Jeremy got to do with any of this? :icon_scratchhead:

I was looking at my tires today and they are worn but with good tread. But when I picked up the bike a couple weeks ago I forgot to ask the previous owner how old they where. So I will be replacing them soon. My question is do any of yall put wider tires on the rear, front, or both. If so what is the advantage. Thanks in advance.

Generally you should stay with the exact OEM spec sizes. Changing sizes can have very adverse effects on handling.

Sorry about these other guys. Get back to the Pub you drunken fucks.

A larger tire up front will allow you to trail brake further into the corner. Also gives the bike a "bulldog" stance. A real hit at the local burger joint.

A larger tire up front will allow you to trail brake further into the corner. Also gives the bike a "bulldog" stance. A real hit at the local burger joint.

don't listen to this joker, either...

You forgot to put some kind of a " :icon_rolleyes: " or " :icon_twisted: " face to let him know you're joking...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

don't listen to this joker, either...

You forgot to put some kind of a " :icon_rolleyes: " or " :icon_twisted: " face to let him know you're joking...

Mike

Ha. I figured I was safe sans emoticons since it was a mod that had little chance of being tried.

To the OP: I run stock size Pirellis. Michelin and Metzler are also popular. I wouldn't want a wider tire on the back because I like to keep the bike highly flickable in the SW FL twisties.

Generally you should stay with the exact OEM spec sizes. Changing sizes can have very adverse effects on handling.

Sorry about these other guys. Get back to the Pub you drunken fucks.

LOL

I tried 2 sets of 190 rear but went back to stock. The 190 makes it harder trough twisties

I run a 280/35 on the rear and to speed up turning I run a 80/90 on the front!

well I run a 315/35 on the rear, well two... and a 205/40 on the front,,,sometimes, well two also :icon_redface: .