CBR1100XX.org Forum

*****SOLD***FS '99 BLACKBIRD, LOW MILES

SORRY, THE BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD. THANKS FOR LOOKING, EVERYONE.

post-43562-1245277457.jpgpost-43562-1245277462.jpgpost-43562-1245277465.jpgpost-43562-1245277469.jpgpost-43562-1245277472.jpgpost-43562-1245277453.jpgpost-43562-1245277042.jpg

I have my '99 blackbird for sale. It has less than 5,900 miles on it and is completely bone-stock. Never been crashed and never dropped. I bought it last year from and older gentlemen with only 2,000 miles on it. It still has the original tires that it rolled off the showroom floor with! The paint is perfect, It only has two very small nicks on the entire bike that are very hard to find if not pointed out, less than 1 cm each but touched up already. I do not have any extras or aftermarket parts except for a cover and repair manual I bought off the internet that are included with the sale. Its a really nice, clean 'bird that I would rather sell to someone on this website instead ebay, where it is already listed. I have it listed for $6,900 buy it now on ebay, but will sell it for $6,500 to someone from here if your interested. Thanks for looking. (I live in west Michigan)

The tires are Michilen Macadam 90x's and they are a matching set. I'm not a blackbird expert so I can't confirm this, but the previous owner who bought the bike new said they were the originals. They still had the little hairs on the sides when I bought it with 2,000+ miles, and the guy did not look like a "knee dragger" so I had no reason not to believe him. I'm not trying to scam anyone, just telling you what the original owner told me. They have a lot of tread left and dont seem to be wearing much at all, probably because they are on the hard side from being 10 years old. They are not as sticky as today's latest sportbike rubber, but have had no traction problems/sliding since purchasing the bike.

The tires are Michilen Macadam 90x's and they are a matching set. I'm not a blackbird expert so I can't confirm this, but the previous owner who bought the bike new said they were the originals. They still had the little hairs on the sides when I bought it with 2,000+ miles, and the guy did not look like a "knee dragger" so I had no reason not to believe him. I'm not trying to scam anyone, just telling you what the original owner told me. They have a lot of tread left and dont seem to be wearing much at all, probably because they are on the hard side from being 10 years old. They are not as sticky as today's latest sportbike rubber, but have had no traction problems/sliding since purchasing the bike.

Not implying it's a scam. Just saying the tire looks like it's not the original has a lot of tread from the pic.....that's a good thing. :icon_biggrin:

Michelin Macadam???

The front tire looks like a Macadam but I would swear the rear is the old Pilot Road, not the new duel compound PR 2U.

The Macadam was a decent tire, I rode them on an old Katana I had, but they are bias ply tires, not radials, and I don't

think BB's were ever meant to run bias ply. Could be an issue.

Just my .02.