CBR1100XX.org Forum

New nose cowl (Pics Added)

alf03

Needing to replace some parts and I found this. Has anybody used one of these? How was the fit? I guess I will be painting the bile to match my yellow RF1000 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CBR11...sQ5fAccessories

Finally got the new nose on, it looks OK but will need some work on some of the holes to make them line up better. I will keep trying to post pics as I move along on this.

post-3594-1245860691.jpg

post-3594-1245860728.jpg

post-3594-1245860761.jpg

post-3594-1245860787.jpg

I guess we will find out I just ordered one.

I guess we will find out I just ordered one.

Sweet! Good find! I need to replace mine as well and the price seems right! Post up when you get it!

Thanks!

We are in the Smoky Mountians riding this weekend and the new cowl should be in next week. I will try to get if fitted and report on how it works as soon as I find out.

I tried to get one of these to fit a week ago,left side would not even come close,some of the tabs for the side fairing would have to be drilled,one of the mounts for the headlight was mislocated,paint was the worse I have seen,all fish eye's and really bad orange peel.The fairing would require too much work to fit so I sent it back.I am still looking for OEM used or new for a good price.I hope your's fits better.

Hopefully mine won't need to much work. The paint finish won't matter cause I am going to paint my bike to match my yellow RF1000.

post-3594-1243803184.jpg

New nose just came in. I opened it to look at finish and it is orange peeled,not to bad but you can see it. I will try to fit it tomorrow. If it fits OK I will use it after all it is a $199 after market part not OEM for $500. I will let you all know something soon wether it is good or bad.

Tryed the first fitting of the nose and it is going to need some work to get it to look good. The bottom edge that meets the side panels is the worst. The edge is not a flat fit with the side panel and the holes are off some, nothing to bad just a little elbow grease to get it right, I don't think it is to bad for the price of $165. I will get some pics so you all can see what you might be looking at if interested in this part.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this ends up working out or I might have to put down some big bucks for a new OEM nose.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on getting it fit. Some of the holes need some reaming to get them to line up but not so much that the bolt heads won't cover the reamed out area. Working on the right side now going to try to finish it todaythe front and left sie are done. If I get the finished fitted done I will post some pics later today. I am also trying to repair the OEM nose and use it if it comes out OK, if that is the case I will sell the aftermarket nose after I get it done. I should know were I stand in a day or two on the OEM nose.