CBR1100XX.org Forum

Round About Price

Hey Gang,

There's a completely stock '99 Blackbird with about 7K miles on it. Mint conditions, and I don't think it's ever been down. The KBB value is just over $4K and the owner hasn't set a price but is wanting over $5K for it.

What do you guys think?

Dana

Hey Gang,

There's a completely stock '99 Blackbird with about 7K miles on it. Mint conditions, and I don't think it's ever been down. The KBB value is just over $4K and the owner hasn't set a price but is wanting over $5K for it.

What do you guys think?

Dana

Whoa. Blast from the past. Welcome back...assuming you are the Dana who was around many years ago.

Yes, it is me. It's been quite a while since I've been around. Moved around Florida a couple times, got divorce, she's now a lesbian. Now I'm outside Chicago. Hopefully I'll be back on a bike soon, only if it's a XX though.

Yes, it is me. It's been quite a while since I've been around. Moved around Florida a couple times, got divorce, she's now a lesbian. Now I'm outside Chicago. Hopefully I'll be back on a bike soon, only if it's a XX though.

Outside of Chicago?? When you get your bird, head on up to WI, we'll go riding!!

Use the KBB as a starting point, then look at farkles like exhaust, etc as add on value.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Gang,

What do you guys think?

Dana

bought my 98 xx for 3660 on ebay in april 24k miles GReart shape there was a 98 in nj for 3850 at the same time. look around.

True, but at $5K I'd consider buying a later model XX. They've been about starting around the $5K mark. Granted, all the later models offer is different colors and the chance of having a LCD display instead of all analog gauges.

As I've stated many, many times before.......KBB doesn't mean SHIT. Every Car/truck/motorcycle/boat dealer in the United States goes by N.A.D.A. prices. As far as prices go, the NADA retail price is indicitive of the price that a dealer might charge for the bike sitting on a showroom floor. Most likely, he has gone through the bike and check everything for roadworthyness etc. Obviously, trade in price is what he might offer you for the bike if you were trading it in. So, somewhere inbetween on pricing, with the price being closer to the retail price since it is such low mileage and if it is in perfect condition. Hope this helps.

Just search for "craigslist cbr1100xx" in google and then filter for the last week and you can find quite a few choices, saw an '02 for $5500.

My 02 with Corbin seat, PCIII, K&N, 14K Miles cost me $5000 a year ago for point of refrence.

Think you were right on with the $4300.

Condition and miles come into the mix. I've seen them go cheaper and I've seen them go Higher. There is a nice low mileage one for sale in Western Mich but it is priced higher than what you are talking about here.

I'd pass @ $5k. Once you start riding it, it'll no longer be a low mileage bike, right?

Here's a link to another one w/10K miles that you should be able to get for closer to $4k.

http://www.cbrxx.com/for-sale-wanted/8699-...make-offer.html

Good Luck!

Got my '98 XX in Feb '08 with 14K miles-completely stock and in GREAT condition. Rear tire had about 1K miles left. I paid $3100. Asking price was

$3200. Sounds like the '99 should be around 4500 tops.