CBR1100XX.org Forum

FJR too tall

wr0ngway

my friend just got an 2008 FJR and feels that the bike is too tall making parking and low speed maneuvering very scary.

we have set the seat to the low setting. a corbin seat has been ordered but i don't know if that will help any unless its more slender than the stock. i suggested some boots with very fat soles.

i don't know the mechanics of lowering the suspension but several people have warned us off of that alternative anyway due to the effect on the ride.

i thought this topic had been covered but i couldn't find the subject threads. any comments would be most appreciated.

thanks,

david

my friend just got an 2008 FJR and feels that the bike is too tall making parking and low speed maneuvering very scary.

we have set the seat to the low setting. a corbin seat has been ordered but i don't know if that will help any unless its more slender than the stock. i suggested some boots with very fat soles.

i don't know the mechanics of lowering the suspension but several people have warned us off of that alternative anyway due to the effect on the ride.

i thought this topic had been covered but i couldn't find the subject threads. any comments would be most appreciated.

thanks,

david

The Corbin will be somewhat lower than the stock seat and a bit narrower at the front. You can lower an fjr without too much trouble in the rear as well as a bit at the front. The suspension settings will remain the same, but total travel will be reduced before contacting the bottom of the fender in the rear, or the top of your front fender may contact some bits under the fairing if you are on the heavy side (or ride two up). You will then need to firm up your preload from your current settings (very easily done) to compensate. Pulling the bike on the centerstand will take a bit more effort with the lowered bike as well. Check with the FJRForum.com members for additional tips.

From my experience every Corbin I have ever owned has shortned my footing as the seat is wider than most stock seats.

It is indeed wider, but Corbin will make a narrow version if you order the seat directly from them. They call it a "nose job".

Thanks! I'll look into the lowering method and see if the corbin was or can be ordered with the Nose Job.

She looked at the FJRForum site and was very put off by the front page of rules and admonishments and the general 'we take ourselves pretty seriously' tone of the site.

D