CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hard Luggage

GaryXX

The top box also can be fitted with a brake lite which is an excellent safety feature. There are liners for the bags which make it easy to load and just take them into the motel/hotel/camp site. If you install the brake lite you won't be able to use the smaller side bag on the top box position. Givi is stable at all hyper speeds. I took off the back rest to install a Corbin backrest with the Corbin seat. Do not, I repeat, do not bother with Beatle Bags.

+1 on the Givi's

Also, if you don't want a fat ass wing rack riding on the back all the time, check out the SW-Motech quick-lock side carriers and toprack. Easy on, easy off, and solid at any speed.

Twisted Throttle.com: Look toward the bottom of the list.

I can't speak as to stability and having a passenger with the toprack + Givi. I just use the side carriers. Maybe someone else can speak to that?

+1 on the Givi's

Also, if you don't want a fat ass wing rack riding on the back all the time, check out the SW-Motech quick-lock side carriers and toprack. Easy on, easy off, and solid at any speed.

Twisted Throttle.com: Look toward the bottom of the list.

I can't speak as to stability and having a passenger with the toprack + Givi. I just use the side carriers. Maybe someone else can speak to that?

Toprack givi, and passenger 160+ real mph. Stable as sin flyin through sweepers on the highway. :icon_evilgrin: Only thingI noticed with the Givis is when they are on the bike will head shake a lil if you let your hands off the bars.

Only thing I noticed with the Givi's is when they are on the bike will head shake a lil if you let your hands off the bars.

That can be headstem bearings or tyre profile that causes that :icon_surprised:

Only thing I noticed with the Givi's is when they are on the bike will head shake a lil if you let your hands off the bars.

For a complaint about head shake on a bird equipped with a set of Givi's or Kappa's,I would just about gaurantee it's caused by the bags.

All of my XX riding friends have noticed it on their bikes and both of my birds (the used 2000 and brand new 2002) had the exact same shake whenever the Givi's were on.

For a complaint about head shake on a bird equipped with a set of Givi's or Kappa's,I would just about guarantee it's caused by the bags.

All of my XX riding friends have noticed it on their bikes and both of my birds (the used 2000 and brand new 2002) had the exact same shake whenever the Givi's were on.

Well when I got my 98 with NonFango TB and panniers she had a badly worn/cupped front D208 and she waggled the bars under deceleration from ~90kmh with no hands but it went away when a new PP went on and even when bald it never did it :icon_surprised:

I changed to a Shinko 005 which is a more rounded profile and she shook again even when new :icon_confused:

Went back to a PP and it was fine :icon_surprised: Have since gone to the PR2 front and it seems to have a more rounded profile like the Shinko but it doesn't shake, but then I did the steering head bearings a while back as well so I think both can have an effect :icon_think:

I take back my statement on GIVI's causing head shake. I replaced my front tire yesterday and noticed the old one was worn much more on the left then right side. I can load the bags up unevenly and take my hands off teh bars on the highway 2 adjust the boys now. IF YOUR HAVING HEADSHAKE WITH THE GIVI'S CHECK YOUR TIRES/HEADBEARING.

You are correct sir. Tire change fixed it.

Is Givi the best option?

Yes, as long as you don't care what it looks like. I like the Corbin beetle bags, myself.

Form over function and they're still fuckin' ugly= fail. :icon_razz:

Is Givi the best option?

Yes, as long as you don't care what it looks like. I like the Corbin beetle bags, myself.

Nonsense. They look like the bike should have had them from the factory.

Is Givi the best option?

IMHO.. all hard bags I've seen look fuckin' ugly on a sport bike. But the Corbins look less fuckin' ugly.