CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clear Alternatives

Clear Alternatives was closed for a while and has moved from Las Vegas to San Diego.

They still have almost no inventory but has changed manufactures of their lenses.

Their first reinventory shipment is due in the middle of next month. They have over

$100,000.00 worth of inventory coming in and will start anew.

I spoke with the owner yesterday at length and he assures me that the quality will be

greatly improved as well as their ability to maintain proper inventory levels.

At least that is what he siad ? Time will tell.

The BlackBird lenses will be posted up here for sale with the usual 20% discount as

soon as they are physically in stock again.

That is good to hear. As the Bird gets older it will be harder to find aftermarket parts for it.

I disagree!

I've found that here in Europe it's still a very wanted model, and most aftermarket products are also made for the Bird. The last year I've added over a hundred products to my shop.......

But, on topic: I am happy that C.A. is trying to improve. The service and reliablity was poorly the last year......

So they moved from Naeava, a low tax state, to California, an insanely over taxed state?

Wish you asked the owner about that John. Most businesses that can get out are bailing from Cali - now with 11% unemployment, and 10% and up sales tax!

So they moved from Naeava, a low tax state, to California, an insanely over taxed state?

Wish you asked the owner about that John. Most businesses that can get out are bailing from Cali - now with 11% unemployment, and 10% and up sales tax!

Actually I did discuss this a bit with the owner, Frank.

He has always lived in San Diego and has been commuting for the past 3 years during the week to vegas since he bought the business from Tobin.

He got some decent tax credits as an incentive to make the move to Calli and Landlord in Vegas was giving him a hard time and refusing to update the building he was in, to meet some new code enforcement rules. The county basically made him move with no notice which is why it was such a clusterfuck with the phone system not working. He just got everything moved over the first of this month and now has a bigger warehouse for less money and not having to rent to places to live.

Hopefully will be all straightened out in the next three to four weeks with fresh new higher quality inventory available.

I have always had good dealings with his operations manager, Matt and luckily Matt moved over with them.