CBR1100XX.org Forum

What if shock remote reservoir is just place non secure under seat?

Aurora

What if the remote reservoir for a Penske shock is just place non secure under the seat?

Right now the stock bungee straps holding it in place.

Will the reservoir move around due to the hydraulic force of the shock compressing and extending?

Thx,

Bob

I used two hose clamps and clamped it on the outside of the sub-frame under the

rear body cowl. Worked like a champ and holds it securely. Plus, I have no trouble

reaching the compression damping adjuster knob.

What if the remote reservoir for a Penske shock is just place non secure under the seat?

Will the reservoir move around due to the hydraulic force of the shock compressing and extending?

Thx,

Bob

No, it's absolutely fine - that's how I've got mine secured and no movement whatsoever. Why over-complicate things?

post-625-1238637447.jpg

You can probably get a couple of u-shaped rubber saddle mounts for the gas reservoir from a Penske distributor like Traxxion Dynamics.

They will cradle the reservoir against any flat surface (i.e. the subframe), and you can then use a couple of hose clamps to lock them securely in place.

Thx,

Bob

Bob,

Ive had my ohlins reserviors both under the seat the same way for some time, I have 2 straps going acrossed them, sure beats trying to hard mount them somewhere specially with luggage!

I put minr under the seat like you did, except I took a piece of inner tube from a dirt bike (2.50/3.00)

dia. and it fit perfect inside. Just to protect it.