CBR1100XX.org Forum

Slipped clutches??!!!!

greysnail

Hit the track for the 1st time and man,this bird could handle corner very well along with gd tyres-Pirelli Diablo Corsa.Hot weather making the tyres stick to the road with ease......but when trying to drop gears after a long straight,my clutch slipped,making my bike powerless till it reached a certain speed,then it engage.Been a couple of times it happen.Clutch plates recently changed,oil is 15/50w(semi).Mebbe i didn't kick down the gears hard enuff,i dun noe,adrenaline rush upon reaching those corners mebbe setting my balls up my throat.Is there any other contributing factors which lead to this? Oil due???

false neutral

+1

If the clutch doesn't slip while on the gas, it sure as hell ain't slipping when you're decelerating unless you're not letting the clutch lever all the way out.

false neutral

+1

If the clutch doesn't slip while on the gas, it sure as hell ain't slipping when you're decelerating unless you're not letting the clutch lever all the way out.

ya thats it..false neutral.

Will it harm my engine????

false neutral

+1

ya thats it..false neutral.

Will it harm my engine????

Can be because of a bent shift fork, and if it engages the rear can step out, and if it grips could over rev the engine. But, clutch downshifts might help it get engaged too.

Get a shift kit from Factory Pro. It just about guarantees no false neutrals, unless you have a bent shift fork, which I doubt.