CBR1100XX.org Forum

pair block and now im pissed!!

elm327

well should have just left it alone but since i had the airbox off doing some jetting changes i decided to remove the pair valve. it was a booger changing the plugs so i thought why not just get rid of it. well one of the dam bolts broke on the right cover!! and its gonna be a bitch to try to drill to get an easy out in it. soooo guess im gonna be droppin the motor now. i thought maybe lightly siliconing the cover and trying just the one bolt. what do you all think?

well should have just left it alone but since i had the airbox off doing some jetting changes i decided to remove the pair valve. it was a booger changing the plugs so i thought why not just get rid of it. well one of the dam bolts broke on the right cover!! and its gonna be a bitch to try to drill to get an easy out in it. soooo guess im gonna be droppin the motor now. i thought maybe lightly siliconing the cover and trying just the one bolt. what do you all think?

Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear that i just finished doing the pair valve removal also. I will look around and see if i can find something that will help on the net. I think i remember seeing something that helps get broken bolts out.

i got an easy out kit, but drilling a hole in the bolt is gonna be imposible!! the angle its at wont work, it was bad enough trying to get socket and extension on it. , there is about 1/8 of the bolt sticking up from the head maybe vice grips. will try tomorrow.

jesus!! your a god and im an idiot!! i never thought about the valve cover!! , was planning on doing the valves anyway!!. i think i have mentioned this to you redbird once before in a pm!! im an idiot! i feel like a fool!! LOL! im glad i posted this cause i would have prob dropped the motor!!

jesus!! your a god and im an idiot!! i never thought about the valve cover!! , was planning on doing the valves anyway!!. i think i have mentioned this to you redbird once before in a pm!! im an idiot! i feel like a fool!! LOL! im glad i posted this cause i would have prob dropped the motor!!

Lay off the meth!

:icon_biggrin:

You're one of those "glass is half-empty" kind of guys, arn't you? :icon_razz:

The glass is 50% larger than necessary, and the added cost will be deducted from your paycheck.

Wouldn't that make the glass 2/3 full? :icon_whistle::icon_cool:

The glass is 50% larger than necessary, and the added cost will be deducted from your paycheck.

Not if you're using "Manager Math".

Not if you're using "Manager Math".

LOL! :icon_lol: