CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stator Replacement

John01XX

I bought a new stator from u motors in '07. Part #31120-MAT-E01 Price then was $146.15. Hope this helps. Mine is a '00 bird. I got a new gasket in the box with it.

John,

How many miles are on your 01? Farkles? Origional battery?

I plan to change my battery soon, but have been holding off until Dragonryder gets back to work.

Post up your best price findings for us please.

49,000 miles

Probably the most farkles of any bike on this forum

Less than a year old Yuasa 14 battery instead of the stock Yuasa 12

I will probably get the parts ordered from Honda Directline as I am friends with the owner

and buy over 20 CCT's a month from them.

Their listed price is $175.00 but I should be able to get another 10% off that.

49,000 miles

Probably the most farkles of any bike on this forum

Less than a year old Yuasa 14 battery instead of the stock Yuasa 12

I will probably get the parts ordered from Honda Directline as I am friends with the owner

and buy over 20 CCT's a month from them.

Their listed price is $175.00 but I should be able to get another 10% off that.

This stator is $135. Is it any good?

http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/...tor-p-2336.html

and Electrosport is $139:

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-456.php

I've heard Electrosport's are huge pieces of crap.

I installed a Rick's stator in my 'Bird a couple of weeks ago. Works good. Had to order the gasket separately. Also had to slide the rubber grommets on the wires to the OEM position. Not hard, just irritating. Other than that, the job was a piece of cake.

TIPS:

I wore some deerskin work gloves when I replaced my stator because the inside of the stator cover and the mating surface on the engine have very sharp edges and you'll cut the shit out of yourself if you don't. The gloves will also protect your fingers when you go to put the cover back on and the magnets pull it home - with the tips of your fingers in the gap. You'll know what I mean when you do it.

Another thing I did when I put the gasket on is to put a dab of silicone at several locations around the top of the mating surface to give the gasket something sticky to hold on to - other than just the two spots that seal both halves of the engine cases at 6 and 9 o'clock - so it wouldn't flop down when putting the cover on. There's a guide pin at around 7 o'clock that will hold the gasket at the bottom so movement down there is not a big issue.

BTW, unplug and free the stator wire before you take the stator cover off or you'll need a plastic bucket turned on its opening or something to rest that stator on.

Oh, and I think I used a short piece of 2X4 as a wedge/lever and a hammer to break the seal on the cover so I could get it off. You'll see a flange by one or two of the bolts that'll allow you to get behind the cover to do that.

Oh #2...be prepared to watch a gear fall out onto the floor when you pull the stator cover off. Make sure it has something friendly to fall on.